• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Combining Files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to combine a pdf converted from Word with a pdf fillable form that was created for me by a professional. When I attempt to combine the two files I get the following message:

"Acrobat does not support the conversion of one or more of your files to PDF. Please remove these files or go to Settings and choose the PDF Portfolio option"

I do not want a portfolio. I just need to combine the 2 files. I'm using the "Combine Files" function in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  Can someone help?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Yes... If you want to be able to merge it with a non-LCD file you have to convert it to a "normal" PDF, which means that if it has any kind of form fields or scripts you'll have to re-do all of them from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is pretty clear. You can't merge those files to a single PDF, unless you find and solve the issue (if possible).

Is any of the files secured, digitally signed, or was created using LiveCycle Designer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My message was pretty clear . One of the files was created by a professional. How do I know if it was secured, digitally signed, or created using LiveCycle Designer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file.

Does it say "(SECURED)" in the title? If so, it's secured.

Look under the Signature panel on the left. Is there a signature there? If so, it's digitally signed.

Look under File - Properties - Description. Does it say "Adobe LiveCycle Designer" under PDF Producer? If so, it's an LCD form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, it was created with LiveCycle Designer. Does that mean I'm out of luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... If you want to be able to merge it with a non-LCD file you have to convert it to a "normal" PDF, which means that if it has any kind of form fields or scripts you'll have to re-do all of them from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is non-LCD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is non-LCD file?

By @_User888

A "regular" PDF file, created in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that you can combine the files with LiveCycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to combine a lot of files signed. Could you help me? How can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. Only as a Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck is a portfolio? How do you create?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Portfolio is a single PDF file that has other files attached to it. It's a sort of "empty container" for other files.

For more details, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-customize-pdf-portfolios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. And to create it all you have to do is:  Start Acrobat and  choose File > Create > PDF Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if i made all my own files as pdfs? i made the files from start to finish and they are flat peices, nothing to fill or sign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

For the PDF that's giving you problems.  Print and save as a PDF, the form fields go away but your entries will not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Finally, a solution to this plaguing problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the full suite of adobe but i cant combine files at all , anybody have any ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not without more details...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have no idea what these LCD acronyms are being used. What is a non-LCD? A CRT monitor?

I did find a workaround. I used Foxit to merge documents and PDF SAM basic does the same, but for whatever reason the "elite" Adobe won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem something about one of the pdfs having XML fields or something. Nothing I did within adobe worked but I was able to use this app and it worked right away https://smallpdf.com

Sad because I've actually paid Adobe money for features like this and I got better results from some free app online. Not great 😕

On top of it apparently if you try to get support from the community you just get talked down to and basically told that you're the idiot for wanting to do this in the first place or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Amazing a free web app can achieve so easily what Adobe struggles to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes a second to do it online with "I Love PDF." The same goes for most of the editing and management functions that are so cumbersome and difficult to do in Acrobat -- if you can do them at all. I've had the same problem trying to merge PDF files in Acrobat. Now I just go directly to "I Love." So far, everything I needed to do has been available for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines