Highlighted

Problem Combining Files

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to combine a pdf converted from Word with a pdf fillable form that was created for me by a professional. When I attempt to combine the two files I get the following message:

"Acrobat does not support the conversion of one or more of your files to PDF. Please remove these files or go to Settings and choose the PDF Portfolio option"

I do not want a portfolio. I just need to combine the 2 files. I'm using the "Combine Files" function in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  Can someone help?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Yes... If you want to be able to merge it with a non-LCD file you have to convert it to a "normal" PDF, which means that if it has any kind of form fields or scripts you'll have to re-do all of them from scratch.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem Combining Files

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to combine a pdf converted from Word with a pdf fillable form that was created for me by a professional. When I attempt to combine the two files I get the following message:

"Acrobat does not support the conversion of one or more of your files to PDF. Please remove these files or go to Settings and choose the PDF Portfolio option"

I do not want a portfolio. I just need to combine the 2 files. I'm using the "Combine Files" function in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  Can someone help?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Yes... If you want to be able to merge it with a non-LCD file you have to convert it to a "normal" PDF, which means that if it has any kind of form fields or scripts you'll have to re-do all of them from scratch.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is pretty clear. You can't merge those files to a single PDF, unless you find and solve the issue (if possible).

Is any of the files secured, digitally signed, or was created using LiveCycle Designer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My message was pretty clear . One of the files was created by a professional. How do I know if it was secured, digitally signed, or created using LiveCycle Designer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file.

Does it say "(SECURED)" in the title? If so, it's secured.

Look under the Signature panel on the left. Is there a signature there? If so, it's digitally signed.

Look under File - Properties - Description. Does it say "Adobe LiveCycle Designer" under PDF Producer? If so, it's an LCD form.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, it was created with LiveCycle Designer. Does that mean I'm out of luck?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 0
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that you can combine the files with LiveCycle Designer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 1
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to combine a lot of files signed. Could you help me? How can I do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. Only as a Portfolio.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

For the PDF that's giving you problems.  Print and save as a PDF, the form fields go away but your entries will not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0