• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem converting from word to pdf - alt text is gibberish of weird numbers letters and symbols

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When converting a word document to a pdf all of the alt text is changed to a garble of letters, numbers and symbols (Ex. P2#yIS1).  I have windows 7, word 2010 and adobe acrobat pro DC.

The font in the word files is Arial or Times New Roman. This has happened to numerous files - not just one file.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version update do you have installed in Acrobat?

I can think of two things:

• Is the document that you created in MS Word a scanned document?
  • Did you use the MS Word Accessibility checker to identify embedded Font issues and Unicode type before converting to a PDF?

Also, I am wondering if you used the Adobe PDF Maker add-on to convert to PDF directly from Word instead of importing the .docx file with Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines