• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem creating Fillable PDF that will when submitted/opened prompt a response file?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!  Recently started new job...in one of my outlook inboxes...I get a form from staff that was a fillable pdf obviously with a submit button BUT it was created in 2015 and with adobe flash.  Now that flash is gone... when I open up the form from the email, it still asks if i want to create a response file and where...but when I try and do that it has an error because of flash.

So fast forward, IT said I have to start from scratch so found the original Word doc, saved it as a fillable pdf with a submit button and it actually works haha, goes to the proper email box. BUT when I open up the attachment, it just opens....it doesn't prompt me to save it as a response file.......and I have spent the last 4 hours looking for instructions on how to or where the settings are when you are working on the PDF form... how when it gets opened by me, that it prompts to become a response file........am I making sense?  So frustrated, help lol!!!!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense - I have the same issue and have been trying for months to get a solution to this from IT/Adobe.  Let me know if you ever managed to pull data from your response files and if so how you did it.

PS. Here's the error I get when I try to open/add soemething to a response file: 

Mary-Anne5E5F_0-1618437351513.png

(the download page provided just says that Flash has been discontinued)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have never been able to get a solution to this which has been a bit of problem....... frustrating isnt it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines