Highlighted

Problem Extracting Pages in DC "Please enter a valid page range"

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently seemed to have lost the extract functionality in Adobe Acrobat DC

While trying to extract 1 page or multiple pages i get a prompt "Please enter a valid page range" and there is no place to enter this "page range"

I havent had issues with this in the past, Ive checked for updates and Im current, I repaired the installation all to no avail.

What could this possibly be?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem Extracting Pages in DC "Please enter a valid page range"

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently seemed to have lost the extract functionality in Adobe Acrobat DC

While trying to extract 1 page or multiple pages i get a prompt "Please enter a valid page range" and there is no place to enter this "page range"

I havent had issues with this in the past, Ive checked for updates and Im current, I repaired the installation all to no avail.

What could this possibly be?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 29, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the pages in this file have labels? If so, you might need to do those

instead of the physical page numbers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pages are numbered M.7001, M.7002 is that what you are referring to?

Also this Extract functionality worked in the not too distant past with this exact same PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I mean. Try entering those values.

It's possible something changed with a recent upgrade, although I think it's a step backwards... You can always extract pages by selecting them in the Pages panel and then dragging them as a new file, though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no place to these pages within the extract utility...

Where would I do that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of "1" enter "M.7001", or whatever.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear what you are saying, but again there is no place I can see while using the Extract command to enter pages with any sort of labels, be it numbers, letters or what have you..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't follow. Please post a screenshot of the "extraction utility" you're using.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the Extract Command withing Acrobat Pro DC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the first page, then Shift+Click the last page, and then click on Extract.

In earlier versions there was a dialog window that appeared where you could enter page numbers. It seems like that is no longer the case...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, and after you hit Extract, you now get the message to enter the valid page range, even though youve already selected the pages you wanted to extract, using shift click.

This broke recently.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, that makes more sense. So enter the page labels in that second

dialog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??? What second dialog?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misunderstood. I don't use this version of Acrobat so I can't test it out for myself. Maybe someone else could...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The highlighted part on the image is the page field where you need to enter the page number that you want to extract.

Since you labeled the pages on your PDF as "M.xxxx", the page field auto-populates it with that instead of the page number.
So, you need to replace the page field with the actual page number. Make sure to click on "Extract" button before you enter the page number as it will reset it. Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "second dialog box" is the box directly to the left of the counterclockwise arrow left of the trash can. I finally figured this out as Adobe is not smart enough to extract the highlighted pages anymore you have to enter a simple range using sequential integers (1, 2, 3) followed by a dash (1) followed by integers again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count the actual pages in the document say for instance you have 74 pages and you want to extract or delete pages 17 thru 26 enter the actual page number of the document 17-76 hit delete it asks if you are sure and then deletes them. i had teh same issue until i tried this method and it works for me....good luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround on this is as follows:

1.     Organize Pages

2.     on tool bar click "More" icon

3.      select 'page labels'

4.     select all pages

5.     under numbering, select 1,2, 3, 4 etc

6.     hit OK

this will renumber all the sheets in order then you can extract easily. Works well with architectural plans when they all have different numbering systems

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 2
Jed5D11 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the problem has to do with the use or presence of sections in the page labeling. I have a set of construction drawings that has been updated several times with additional sets of sheets. Using the normal Extract function I am able to extract sheets from the original section, but I get the error message when trying to extract those from later (added) sections. Re-labeling the later sections permits me to extract the needed pages. I can also eliminate the problem by selecting the later pages, activating the Page Numbering tool (right-click and click on Page Labels...) and click the radio button next to "Extend numbering used in preceding section to selected pages". This approach may not work for you if your pages have complex page labels. In that case, use the approach described above by johnh87962111.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0