Highlighted

problem with qrcode gen when filling information with acrobat reader

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts,

I have created 1 form using acrobat pro, that uses code pdf417. After using the acrobat reader to fill in information, the barcode is lost. Thanks to the experts for the support.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

problem with qrcode gen when filling information with acrobat reader

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts,

I have created 1 form using acrobat pro, that uses code pdf417. After using the acrobat reader to fill in information, the barcode is lost. Thanks to the experts for the support.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reasons that date back to the previous century, Acrobat Reader does not support barcode form fields, it just display a gray square.

But they are not lost, when you re-open a filled form using Acrobat Pro/Standard you will be able to see them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JR_Boulay,

When I reopen with Acrobat Pro / Standard, it is still a gray square, only when I have edited a little, will pdf417 reappear.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the calculation event must be triggered to refresh the barcode field.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order for Reader to be able to edit (not just display) the value of a Barcode field a very special right has to be applied to it, not available in Acrobat, but in an enterprise application from the AEM family that costs a LOT of money. Unless you're working for a very large organization it's probably not going to be worth it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try67,

I did my research and found that the Acrobat Reader extension had to be added. But the cost is very high. I only register for 1 form only, can you help me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can't help you with this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok let me talk to the company

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I refer to the license fee of maximum form quantity. is the maximum quantity of times barcode is generated?1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find this table? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the quote that I have received in a unit on my side since 2017

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I calculate the distribution of the form? Is it the number of downloads when sending the customer to fill out the form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otherwise you can use the free F*x*t Reader which fully supports barcode forms fields (PDF417, QRcode…).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh what a wonderful information

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0