• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Editing a Line

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one line left to format and the tools are not available (see attached). Can someone assist me with this?

PDFLine.GIF

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Ah, now I understand: You mean line as in a horizontal straight line, not a line of text. This is not a line of text, but a graphical element, and does not require the tools on the right side. Once you are in edit mode, you can then selet the line and use the sizing handles to adjust it's width. That should do the trick - at least it did for me. You can see the file I modified here: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:90d717f6-84f6-4ba6-8805-fb12195ef31d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A form field may be covering up the line you want to edit. And therefore, you are not able to actually select the line. You need a valid text selection before the options in the right hand pane become availble. I would move the form field temporarily out of the way and hten edit the text, and then move the fields back to where it needs to be. 

It's also possible that you are trying to format text in a form field, in that case, you are in the wrong tool. Use the form editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl, I was able to get line the way I wanted it but when I open it up as a form the line is still bold?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I will. Can you tell me the best way to share it on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload to a service like Dropbox and share the link here. You can of course also use Adobe's own Document Cloud and upload from within Acrobat and then share the link to the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is the line that you want to change? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the line after "New Ext/number?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, now I understand: You mean line as in a horizontal straight line, not a line of text. This is not a line of text, but a graphical element, and does not require the tools on the right side. Once you are in edit mode, you can then selet the line and use the sizing handles to adjust it's width. That should do the trick - at least it did for me. You can see the file I modified here: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:90d717f6-84f6-4ba6-8805-fb12195ef31...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the length of the line it's the darkness, it's like it's bold or something and I can't change it. I can select the line as an object, but can't un-bold it?

PDF4.GIF

Thanks for your help. I getting ready to go home. I''ll be in touch tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to adjust the thickness the line. Let's see if I can capture a video:

https://youtu.be/wpHewY4U1L4

This should show how to adjust the line width. In order to match the other lines, you may have to try a few times. 

This shows one way to adjust the width of a line in a PDF file using Acrobat's edit tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Karl, that did the trick! Thank you so much for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines