• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Embedding Video Into PDF

Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to embed a video into Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I don't have the same choices available as I used to have in Adobe Acrobat - importantly, those involving Controls. In the Controls dialog window, the only choices are All Controls and None, unlike earlier versions where the only one I needed was Play (the others would hide the subtitles on my videos). Furthermore the choices of Color, and Opacity, and Autohide controls (which are important to me) are grayed out. So when the video opens, it plays immediately, then stops. That's it. All the controls are hidden, per the default 'Autohide', which was grayed out. Instead of being able to re-play the video as used to be possible by pressing 'Play', all a reader can do at that point is just hit 'X' to close it. These are MP4 videos.

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people are having this problem and Adobe doesn't seem to have a solution.  Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue. I built a huge project in Acrobat Pro DC with multiple videos, interactive links and pages. It works perfectly on the Mac where it was built. At best, it plays with no video controls on the PC. At worst, it crashes or plays only an audio waveform. It usually crashes. I have tried all the preference settings I can imagine with no luck. Adobe please address this ASAP. Flash sometimes works, but of course that no longer supported and we must have a solution for MP4 video that works on both the Mac and PC.  I cannot ask my (very unhappy) client to pay for something that does not work on both platforms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you are experiencing issues with embedding video into the PDF, please ensure that the application is updated to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates. You may also refer to the following help document for more information on the latest updates: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html 

If that does not help, please share more details about the issue with us for further investigation.

1. What is the current version of Acrobat? You may check the version using the steps as suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html 

2. Share the OS version

3. Do you experience this issue with all the PDFs?

4. Share the steps to reproduce the issue and a sample file on which the issue occurs.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Meenakshi,

1. Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.013.20064

2a. OSX 10.15.6 (Again it is working fine on the Mac)

2.b Windows OS: 10.0.18362 Build 18362 (Not workin on the PC)

3. I experience it with all PDF files I have created or modified. I do not experience it on the Mac, just the PC. It seems to be more buggy in Acrobat Pro DC than Acrobat Reader. Basically I create the project on the Mac. It works perfectly in Pro or Reader. I try to play it in Acrobat Reader on the PC and it has the issues. I try to rebuid the projects in Acroabt Pro on the PC with no different results or success.  

4. Adding MP4 video files on the Mac works great. It allows me to play and it shows the video controls. On the PC it does not play, or it crashes, or it only plays audio with an audio waveform visual, it never shows the video controls on the PC. The controls are necessary for this project as the video is step by step instructions which requires pause, play features.  I am attaching a sample file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQy87IZw1dBAVZxsyDOmh4QKI5cy588W/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.  I would add that when authoring in Acrobat DC/Windows 10 (yes, it's up-to-date), the Contols tab of the Insert Videos panel no longer offers the options it used to.  It just offers "All controls" or "None".  "Auto-hide" is checked and grayed so can't be unchecked. Color and Opacity are also grayed and not responsive. And even when you choose "All controls," the inserted video has none. You can start play by clicking on it, but you can't stop it. (And for some users, clicking the video causes freezes and crashes.)

Screengrab below in case it helps.

Thanks for looking into this.  (BTW, there are other threads where this same problem is discussed.)

embed video_controls.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenaksi,

Has there been any progress from Adobe on this important issue? All PC projects involving video are on hold until Adobe can fix this.  Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Meenaksi,

Another two months have passed with no feedback from Adobe.  Please help us resolve this very huge bug in Acrobat Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines