Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Xerox Phaser 6130 printer.

When used with Win10 all .pdf files print with two additional pages,

one empty and one with following error message:

ERROR: undefined

OFFENDING COMMAND: @pjl

This doesn't happen when used with Win7

I can eliminate second (error message) page being printed, by changing printer setting:

"Print Postscript Error Message: NO"

but have no clue how to eliminate "undefined error" in Adobe?

and why should there be postscript error when I am simply printing something?

thank you

Chris

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

I have found the solution!

and... it was so simple that I am almost embarrased ...

The clue was in my saying "...Postscript Error..."

Changing print setting to "Print As Image" (in Advanced Print Setup) solved the problem.

No longer printing any additional empty page or error message page.

thank you again for taking time trying to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this happens with every PDF not only particular, then your printer drivers seems be be buggy, since it cannot handle you PDF properly. Since the latest driver for Phaser 6130 is already 10 years old, it's most likely not be compatible with printer subsystem in Windows 10 at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks radzmar,

Yes it happens with every PDF (and only with PDF, everything else is OK).

Yes, the last 6130 specific driver is 10 years old, but there is also "class" driver issued with microsoft windows dated 2013.

I agree, that it is likely driver issue, but as for it being not "...compatible with printer subsystem in Windows 10 at all...",

it is not quite the case - as I have said the printer works fine with every other piece of software I have installed on my win 10 machine.

It is only PDF that is the problem, hence my hope that the solution might be found here on Adobe support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to the discussion, 

Ideally , your printing device manufacturer support web site should provide an updated version of the printing utility suite, and device drivers.

But if that is not possible because the software have already reached its end of support cycle, then You may also want to try to run the printing application in compatibility mode.

To do so just open Windows Explorer and go to this path:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\

Find the executable (.exe) program for your printer app. Right-click on it and select "Properties" from the context menu. Then go to the "Compatibility " tab.  In here you'll get a chance to set an older compatibility version environment for that old software. Sometimes this work and sometimes it doesn't.

In any case, you can choose to set this manually but in my opinion it is better to use the Compatibility Troubleshooter and let the wizard detect and install what is needed. If the wizard doesn't find a work around it will notify you; meaning that it won't work in Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks ls_rbls

Indeed, Xerox should update the driver, but I guess there is no money in it... and they do not support 6130 for win10

Having said so, it is perfectly good piece of kit and I cannot spend money on a new printer just because of win10,

plus I resent being part of "throw away" society.

Your suggestion is an interesting one, but I am guessing it would only be applicable if my printer didn't work at all?

It is working fine and the printing application is OK as well. It prints OK, anf the interface works OK as well.

The issue I have is only with printing PDF (and even than it prints OK, apart from wasting one (or two if you include error message page) additional empty page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the solution!

and... it was so simple that I am almost embarrased ...

The clue was in my saying "...Postscript Error..."

Changing print setting to "Print As Image" (in Advanced Print Setup) solved the problem.

No longer printing any additional empty page or error message page.

thank you again for taking time trying to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good deal! I'm happy to read that.

I just learned something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually is much more Simple than All the other Answears. Click on Print, Go to the Bottom Left on the window and Change Comments & Forms to Document, Save the change and you'll be All Set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My problem is different but perhaps someone can help me out. I can not print according to the pdf size. I have Brother dual tray. It was working fine untill week or so ago, and then it started to mess up. For examle: Tray 1 is letter Tray 2 is legal. If I priont file that lets say 50 pages and first page is letter, it will print all letter if first page is legal it will print all 50 pgs in legal size. Reainstalled drivers, updated reade, nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this happening even if you have "Choose paper source by PDF page size" enabled and/or "Use custom paper size when needed" ?

These are the print settings that instructs the printer from which tray it will expect to feed the letter or the legal size paper based on the mixed PDF structure of a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines