Problems saving an Accessibility PDF to an PDF/A file

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wonder if you can help me? I have been asked by a client to supply a PDF/A file of their Annual Report.

The client has also asked if the PDF/A file can have a ‘read aloud’ function for visually impaired users.

I have been able to create the PDF/A file from an interactive PDF. However the ‘read aloud’ function is incorrect on a few of the pages. The fault is that some of the tagged text boxes in the PDF are in the wrong order and therefore, the ‘read aloud’ function also reads them in the wrong order.

I have opened the PDF/A file – made it editable – corrected the reading order of the text boxes and then tried to save the amended PDF back to a PDF/A file, however it will not allow me to do this.

Is it possible to have an ‘Accessibility PDF’ that is also a ‘PDF/A’ file?

I need to go back to my client and advise them if this is possible. If it is not possible, would it be correct to recommend to them that they have 2 separate PDFS instead: an accessibility PDF for the visually impaired and a second PDF/A file for their archives.

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Standards and accessibility

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?