• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Signing fillable form with DC version....

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a W-9 I'm trying to sign but I can't figure it out... When I click "fill and sign" it says "this form does not let you drag and drop"... what does this mean?? I used to be able to draw a signature in the previous version easily, but I can't find that option anywhere. I also tried to save a copy and use that but it still won't let me use "fill and sign".

So how the heck do I draw my signature? Or was this functionality taken away?

Best,

L

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorial shows there is supposed to be a text option and we should be able to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌The text option is available on documents without form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the SAME PROBLEM. I had no issue ever signing any forms with my saved signature using the old Adobe Software. But with the upgrade, I now get the message that I can't "drag or drop saved information" when I try to sign a "fillable" form". Is Adobe fixing this problem? Or is there a way to convert my fillable PDF's to flat/normal PDFs? I have no problems signing flat PDFs, just fillable are the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌You can flatten form fields with Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe... What are you doing? The Acrobat team needs to get on this ASAP. I can't believe it's been over two months with no official reply from them on this thread. The Illustrator and Photoshop teams run circles around these guys answering forum bug threads. This isn't just some small bug either. This is like an "Acrobat-rendered-useless" kind of bug. Gonna have to uninstall this "pretty" new version and go back and use the version that actually works. Oh how we all love spending an hour trying to do something that should have taken 10 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out how to do this? when i open the signature field in acrobat dc, i can clearly see it marked as a sig field, i can put in MY digital signature, but anyone i send it to can't put anything at all in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a digital signature field that others are not able to sign, then the problem is probably that they are using Adobe Reader (prior to version 11.07) and the document has not been Reader-enabled so that the digital signature usage right has been set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

workaround for me - filled in my where boxes needed to be filled. then using DoPDF version 8 that I downloaded for free, went to "Print" then selected that as my printer, saved new PDF to desktop. Reopened newly saved PDF that now has my selections and no longer having the fillable fields. now allows me to add my signature image to form and saved again. Im sure you could even use the "Adobe PDF" printer selection too but didn't try it as since they already messed one thing up, figured I would try something else that I know works. again, its adding an extra step to something that should have taken 10seconds but hey it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too just want to be able to sign the forms as I always have done. This is not an upgrade. I subscribe to Adobe Creative Suite, and I am not amused at having to go back a decade to print, scan, and email a form I usually sign and send. Nor will digital certificates work here. What a pain. What a problem. Please fix this, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a User 2 User community site. Not much the majority of posters can do here to help you.

With a subscription purchase you would need to contract customer support to see if you can roll back to an older  version without any additional fees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this?

I'm trying to fill and sign an I-9 form. My problem is that I can fill the forms, but then once I insert the signature I can only save as a copy and then when I attempt to print, it only prints the signature and ignores all of the forms that have been filled!

So confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since both Acrobat and LiveCycle have a field type of "signature" and I do not see that type of field on this form you might not be able to sign the form electronically and with the security applied to the form. It looks like Echo sign is the service so you may need to access that service to see the filled in and signed form.

When filling in the form I get some JavaScript errors in the JavaScript console.so I think there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed by the distributor of this form.

Maybe you need to contact the government agency issuing the form for some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking at this issue and have found as soon as I use FIll & Sign to add a signature to the file, when I do a save as, Acrobat Pro DC converts the form fields to Visible but doesn't print, read only and locks them. You need to unlock the field and change them to visible for them to print. Any chance that this is on Adobe's radar to fix?

before.jpg

Before adding the signature and saving

after.jpg

After adding the signature and saving

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know that this bug has been reported, but I'd urge you to report it too. I believe the more reports they get, the better. You can report it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Wanted to inform you folks that filling and signing "fillable PDF" forms capability is available in the latest updates which went live on July 14th, 2015. If not done yet, please update your Reader/Acrobat DC installs and you will find that a 'Sign' button appears in the app UI using which you can electronically sign the PDF files (provided it's not secured and has editing permissions).

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/DC/dccontinuousjuly2015.html

It looks something like this in the latest update:

FillSign.png

Regarding the printing and loss of form fields we're aware of this problem and we've escalated this issue to the Acrobat engineering team.

-Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signature works great, still can't add a date to those IRS-supplied W-9 forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it wont allow me to add an additional signature.

It allows me to use existing but wont allow me to add a new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Fill & Sign (in Acrobat/Reader, iOS, or web) you can have one Signature and one Initials.  You could use the "Initials" spot for a second signature, otherwise you need to delete your existing signature from the drop down and then you can create a new one.  There is also a checkbox when creating signatures to "Save for future use", if you uncheck this then you can create a new signature every time you need to sign.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Adobe, you really let us down on this one. WHY oh WHY would you give us the Signature functionality but not the date functionality in Acrobat Pro? I really need to open another product to accomplish this? Sure, there's a "Stamp" tool for date, but I worry the IRS will reject this as invalid. BOO. Fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A digital signature always contains the exact date and time it was applied. The "Fill & Sign" tools are not really a signature at all. Just a comment with your initials or wet-signature in them. The two should not be confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To re-enforce what Gilad D said - signing using a tool like Fill & Sign should not be confused with "Digital Signatures".

It all depends on your needs which is the appropriate solution.  If all you need to do is to "sign" something, and don't need an audit trail, or legal "proof of signature" - cases like signing a Dr form, school forms, and honestly many cases are supported by the Fill & Sign tools.  However if you require proof of date signed, audit trail etc then Fill & Sign is not the right tool - Adobe Sign, or Digital Signatures in Acrobat would be more appropriate.

Digital Signatures in Acrobat DC: Certificate-based signatures, Adobe Acrobat DC

Adobe Sign (subscription based): Free trial, Adobe Sign (formerly EchoSign) | Adobe Document Cloud

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved:

Once you have created the digital id, open a pdf file and right click on the menu bar and go to Customize quick tools, next scroll down to certificates and click, here you will find the Digitally Sign, select it by clicking on it then click on the add on the right side of the window with the arrow pointing upward and a plus sign. This will add the digital signature selection on the menu bar. This is the digital id you created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines