Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with a signed PDF: Own signature is invalid

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've got a problem with a signed PDF. The pdf was signed by four people. All signatures has been accepted by myself. In other PDFs each of the signature works well and is shown as a valid one.

In this specific PDF, the first two signatures are shown as "invalid" (not "unknown" as it is if I did not accepted the signatures yet) with the remark "The document has been altered or corrupted since the signature was applied". The last two signatures are regularly shown as valid.

I have absolutely no idea why the first signatures are invalid in this case. How can I find out what happened?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

This type of message seems to indicate that the document was modified after the first 2 people signed it, they just need to reconfirm their approval. It doesn't always mean a user opened the file and tried to actually modified it. Sometimes, i noticed in a saving process the system flags this as a precaution more than catching an attempt to change the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This type of message seems to indicate that the document was modified after the first 2 people signed it, they just need to reconfirm their approval. It doesn't always mean a user opened the file and tried to actually modified it. Sometimes, i noticed in a saving process the system flags this as a precaution more than catching an attempt to change the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thank you! By "they just need to reconfirm their approval" do you mean actually, they have to delete their old signatures and sign the file again? Or is there a proper way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I get PDFs all day that have been signed by one person with Adobe Sign and I get the below message when I try to 'Fill& Sign' I am unable to fill anything or send out to additional signers without printing and scanning the document. Is there an easier, less wasteful way to request more signatures and add additional information. Thaks 

Kara5FC9_0-1615397813303.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm facing the same issue, I'm just picking my certificate as part of digitally signing any PDF and I receive: The document has been altered or corrupted since the Signature was applied

What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines