• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with color scanning in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - have just switched to a Mac after many years of using PCs. I have used Acrobat for years and never had issues with scanning. I have downloaded and installed the newest driver for my scanner (Brother MFC-L3770CDW) and can scan easily in black & white. When I set the parameters for color, I get an error message: 

The Selected Color Format is not supported

Any suggestions or help would be very welcome.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi catrahal,

Can you scan in color using the Printers and Scanners utility?

It seems this problem has been around for a while.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/selected-color-format-is-not-supported-error/td-p/8571282?pag...

Scan using the scan utility or the scanner software and then bring it into Acrobat.

Two steps, I know...

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was aware that it has been a problem for a while. I can scan in colour from the Mac scan interface, so it is definitely an Acrobat issue.

Many of the messages I saw were from 2016 so one would hope that a solution could have been found by now.

Yes - the two steps is a bit of a pain since I have a large scanning job to take care of. Normally it wouldn't be that much of an issue, but right at the moment.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consider reporting the bug to Adobe here.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Good luck with your project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines