• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with duplex printing

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC Windows 10 HP computer.  I have a subscription to Adobe DC. I have it set for duplex printing as a default but sometimes it will NOT print duplex even though it is selected.  I never know when it is going to happen and it is making this program extremely unreliable for me.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dawne! 

Thank you for reaching out.

As the duplex printing does not work only with some PDFs, it may be possible there is some preset added to the PDF.

If you experience this issue again with any PDF, please do check the document properties. Open the PDF and go to File > Properties > Advanced.

If that is not the case, then please share the PDF with us so we can replicate the behavior at our end.

Also, let us know the Acrobat version used on the machine.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me. I am traveling at the moment, but when I
get back to my office, I will check the PDF as you suggest and will connect
with you if I cannot rectify it. I appreciate your assistance.

Dawne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

So I printed a PDF that did not print on both sides even though the appropriate box was checked.  I looked in the properties/advanced and saw that it was set for simplex printing.  So I changed it to duplex/flip on long side and pressed OK.  It still printed on single side only.  I am attaching that file (Infusing Multicultural and Social Justice Competencies Within Counseling Practice: A Guide for Trainers) so you can take a look at it, with my very great thanks. Hopefully, you will see what is happening.

However, as an afterthought, I have attached a second file that properly printed double-sided (The influence of film and experiential pedagogy on multicultural counseling self-efficacy and multicultural counseling competence).  I checked the properties on that one just to see if it was different, but in the properties/advanced, it was set to simplex as well, but it printed duplex. So I'm really not sure what is happening and would appreciate your assistance.

I am running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit), although I think my computer is 64-bit. I have attached a screenshot of my device specs in case it will help.

Thank you so much!

Dawne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dawne!

Thank you for sharing the files. 

We will check those files and will update you with the information.

Also, there is nothing changed with Acrobat Pro DC as it was always 32 bit for Windows. However, with the recent update, you may now see the 32 bit written with the application name.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this problem except I cannot get any duplex printing from Adobe DC.

I have a 64-bit Windows pc running W10 and a new Brother MFC-J6930DW.

No matter what I try duplex continues to be ignored when printing a document from Adobed DC.

However, duplex is available through word etc.

More confusingly, if I open a PDF, print to cute PDF, open that output file in Adobe DC and print requesting duplex, it works.

Any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines