• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with "Shrink Document to Avoid Overwriting..." header option pushing text too far down

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all:

This is happening in Acrobat Pro 2017 (which our firm just switched to) but was also happening on the same job with our previous iteration (2010, I believe).

I'm combining a bunch of PDFs and having to put a large header on each page (3 lines in Century Schoolbook 14).  To avoid overwriting text, I've relied (as we usually do) on checking the "Shrink document to avoid overwriting the document's text and graphics" box under Appearance options in the Add Header & Footer pop-up.

Unfortunately, this is pushing the material on the page too far down--everything is being reduced and pushed down the page by approximately three inches.

Has anyone encountered this problem and has a solution?  Failing that, does anyone know if there's any way to get under the hood and see or adjust what the defaults are for how the "Shrink document...." option works?   I've tried looking on the internet and hear and haven't seen anything....

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers!

-Jeff

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?