Highlighted

Procedure Entry Point error in Acrobat DC Pro but it mentions QuickBooks

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Acrobat community!

One of the employees in our office recently started getting an error that stated that the proceedure entry point couldn't be located in a dynamic link library, but the link library that it mentioned was for QuickBooks 2018 (see attached image). What's also odd is that the file it referenced is actually in the QuickBooks folder. I asked the employee if the PDF had any ties to QuickBooks and she said no. She also mentioned that this happens at random times on random PDFs doing random actions. Sometimes it's opening the PDF, sometimes it's entering in a search, etc. It takes a couple of tries to close the error, and it's hard to predict when it will pop up as it doesn't happen every time on any of the PDFs or actions taken.

Does anyone know what may be causing this and how it can be fixed?

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Procedure Entry Point error in Acrobat DC Pro but it mentions QuickBooks

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Acrobat community!

One of the employees in our office recently started getting an error that stated that the proceedure entry point couldn't be located in a dynamic link library, but the link library that it mentioned was for QuickBooks 2018 (see attached image). What's also odd is that the file it referenced is actually in the QuickBooks folder. I asked the employee if the PDF had any ties to QuickBooks and she said no. She also mentioned that this happens at random times on random PDFs doing random actions. Sometimes it's opening the PDF, sometimes it's entering in a search, etc. It takes a couple of tries to close the error, and it's hard to predict when it will pop up as it doesn't happen every time on any of the PDFs or actions taken.

Does anyone know what may be causing this and how it can be fixed?

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 0
Dave__M LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My initial thought would be to initiate a Repair Installation from the Help menu.  This might re-point all the libraries to the proper assets.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0