• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profile name is different to the name that appears when comments are raised

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription account with Adobe with a specific name, however, when I reveiw a document and raise comments, the comments tabs shows a different name which is not mine. 

How can I fix this or ensure it is my name that appears aboev the comment cloud? 

E.G: account is registered under Mr X, but when Mr X raises a comment the commnet cloud shows that Mr F has raised a comment. 

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

The two things have nothing to do with each other. The name of the author of the comments can be the Login Name (what you'll find under Edit - Preferences - Identity), or anything else you set it to be. Simply change the properties of one comment then right-click it and select Set Current Properties as New Defaults, and the next time you create a comment it should have the author name you used before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two things have nothing to do with each other. The name of the author of the comments can be the Login Name (what you'll find under Edit - Preferences - Identity), or anything else you set it to be. Simply change the properties of one comment then right-click it and select Set Current Properties as New Defaults, and the next time you create a comment it should have the author name you used before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for assistance.  I have same issue, however I cannot find where you are referenceing "the name of the author of the comments can be Login Name (what you'll find under Edit - Preferences - Identity)"

Where is Edit - Preferences - Identity? 

I do not see any of these options within either my:
A) "Adobe Support Community" account profile or
B) "Adobe Account" profile

^ i think the essence of hermans67140147's question above and mine here is: why do we have 2 separate accounts with 2 separate account profiles?  Ideally should be 1 account with 1 associated username.

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Edit menu is inside Acrobat (or Reader), but if you're using a Mac it's the app menu itself.

Again, this has nothing to do with Adobe account. It's a local setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  What I am trying to edit is my username that appears here in "Adobe Community Support" - the name "<removed by moderator>" which you can see in my replies as my profile name.

I do not even have Adobe Acrobat installed at this point.  I'm not sure how going into Acrobat and finding edit there would allow me to update my username here in "Adobe Support Community" account profile?  Is this what you're recommending?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with the question above.

To change it go here: https://account.adobe.com/profile

Then click "Change" next to "Adobe Screen Name" and enter something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks again for your help.   But again this does not work.  I updated my name in the link you provided several times previously before posting yesterday and no change here, in the Adobe Support Community.  The reason is the link you provided is for my "Adobe Account" which is evidently not synced to this ("Adobe Support Community") account.  The reason I am sure of this duality is that the below two links take me two separate account profile pages, each one having its own user name and avatar image.

A. Adobe Account profile link:
https://account.adobe.com/profile

B. Adobe Community Account profile link:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17350482

^within A above I do have an option to change my username, as you mentioned.

^within B above I do not have that option - that is specifically what I am looking to do.

Any other direction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks again for your help.   But again this does not work.  The first thing I tried (yesterday before posting for help) was updating my name in the link you provided and it did not change my username here.  I tried again just now and still the same username "james.alexander.shafer@gmail.c" appears as you can see in this reply.  By all evidence I see, the reason is the link you provided is for my "Adobe Account" which is evidently not synced to this account ("Adobe Support Community").  The reason I am sure of this duality is that the below two links take me two separate account profile pages, each one having its own user name and avatar image.

A. Adobe Account profile link:
https://account.adobe.com/profile

B. Adobe Community Account profile link:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17350482

^within A above I do have an option to change my username, as you mentioned.

^within B above I do not have that option - that is specifically what I am looking to do.

Any other direction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

I've renamed you within the community. The suggestions that were put forth will work again in the future, but we're working through some issues with our connections right now.

For the time being though, I've updated your name. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

Thanks for your help! I do still see my previous name showing here still.  

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines