Highlighted

Programmatically (c#) get current page from of an opened pdf

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to get the current page of already opened pdf files programmatically from a 3rd party application. 

Is there a way for this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Programmatically (c#) get current page from of an opened pdf

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to get the current page of already opened pdf files programmatically from a 3rd party application. 

Is there a way for this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what app, exactly, is the PDF file already opened, and using what API if any?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdf is already opened using adobe acrobat reader. 

• PDF is not opened through the code /3rd party application.
  • PDF is opened normaly as an example write click -> open with adobe acrobat reader

I need to write some code or find an existing API to get the opened pdfs and their current page numbers. 

• The code /3rd party application suppose to identify opened pdfs and get their current page numbers
  •  

Hope the question is clearer now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. While Adobe Acrobat (paid app) has a suitable API for this purpose, Adobe Acrobat Reader (free app) has a very limited programming API and has no interface (so far as I can think) to return this info by any programming method.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0