• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proposal or quotations template

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All. I am on a MacBook Pro using Acrobat Pro DC and InDesign 2021.

One thing I am trying to avoid is using Microsoft Word, but I fear I will have to use this route because the final file will have to be edited by our sales team and not myself, the graphic designer.

I wanted some advice on if it is possible to create a document like a proposal in InDesign and export as a pdf. as a template. The document will have to be changed/edited for every project we receive. The other people that would be doing the editing do NOT have InDesign, but they do have Acrobat.

I will list briefly what this proposal entails:

A table of contents, an intro letter, company overview, product description, terms/conditions, scope of supply, etc. Some of these would have to be edited per project/product. 

let me know if you have any questions. In the meantime, I am going to do a little more research on this.

Thanks for your time.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a good idea. PDFs were not meant to be edited in such an extensive way. You can add form fields so that basic texts can be entered, but don't try to use a PDF file as a "template" for a document that needs to be changed regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess I already knew this and was hoping for a better recommendation. Sigh. I am not looking forward to using Microsoft Word 😞 

Thanks again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines