• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protecting a PDF but allowing subsequent signatures?

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had a solution to the problem that I'm trying to solve. A bit of a background - I'm a fairly novice Adobe user and I'm currently using Adobe Acrobat 2017.

Essentially what I was hoping to do is to protect the PDF document from any editing but still allow different parties to sign the document. If anyone has any tips on how to do this, that would be great. Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add signature fields and at protection allow form filling and signing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd, thank you for your reply. Is there a way that the signing parties can lock/save their signature and date in the fillable fields after signing?  I tried this method but I see that the signature and date can be easily deleted from the fillable fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Signatures can easily be deleted, but then there is an unsigned document, that is not valid. So those participating in the process will perhaps not do that. It is possible to worry about security too much, especially as "protecting from editing" ignores the many apps which do not enfoce security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines