• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchase of Adobe Acrobat Pro without the subscription option

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I purchase a copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro without having to "subscribe" to it forever and run it on a stand alone workstation.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

You have some basic misunderstandings about how it works.

- The subscription model is not "forever". The exact opposite. If you buy a non-subscription license it is "forever" (although you only pay for it once). The subscription can be cancelled at any moment (although with some penalties if you cancel in the middle of a yearly subscription, for example).

- Both the subscription version and the "perpetual license" (non-subscription) versions are standalone applications that run from your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have some basic misunderstandings about how it works.

- The subscription model is not "forever". The exact opposite. If you buy a non-subscription license it is "forever" (although you only pay for it once). The subscription can be cancelled at any moment (although with some penalties if you cancel in the middle of a yearly subscription, for example).

- Both the subscription version and the "perpetual license" (non-subscription) versions are standalone applications that run from your computer.

If you still want to get the perpetual license version, follow these instructions:

Go to the Adobe Products Page: https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html and search for "Acrobat".

Click on the Buy button next to Acrobat Standard 2017 or Acrobat Pro 2017, and then change the "I want to buy" option to "Full License" (or "License Upgrade" if you have a qualifying earlier version).

Then select the other options and click on Add To Cart, and proceed to checkout. You'll get a full license, not a time-based subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation. Helped me (and I'm sure many others as well) and much appreciated. Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While user @try67 is correct in the answer provided to the question of @felixl83107552d, this does not solve the specific problem of those of us who require one or more applications other than Adobe Acrobat Pro. In attempting to buy Adobe InDesign outright, for example ̦— i.e., on the former non-subscription plan — by going to the website mentioned by @try67, I find that Adobe currently provides only these three unacceptable options, none of whch are useful to me:

• Annual plan, paid monthly  -  US$20.99/mo
  • Annual plan, prepaid  -  US$239.88/yr
  • Monthly plan  -  US$31.49/mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines