Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR CODE AUTOMATIC WITH PDF FORM

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Every time we send a pdf form to be filled by our user, is it possible the pdf form automatically create a QR CODE dynamic ? This code should be individual for each of our users

thank you

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a 2D barcode field and set it up to be populated with a value that's based on the contents of one or more fields. You should then flatten the field before sending the PDF to your users so that the symbol will be visible in Reader and other non-Adobe PDF viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you do this? can it only be done in the "prepapre form" section? 

i have label PDFs, that i have text boxes that we edit with lot numbers, and we'd like a QR code to pop up based on the lot number typed in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Prepare Form you can add a barcode field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if the QR code needs to be generated when the user is filling the form, it's not possible with Reader like it is with Acrobat, unless you're able to use LiveCycle Reader Extensions to Reader-enable the document and give it the 2D barcode usage right. This can be expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My powerful magic allows me to display QRcodes in PDFs used with Acrobat Reader, as in this freely downloadable example:

https://abracadabrapdf.net/file/RATP-position-geographique-des-stations.pdf

Contact me privately if you are interested.

OpenDataPDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you implement the full QR specification? If so, that's very impressive! I looked into doing it at some point but the technical document describing how to generate the QR image seemed impossible to decipher...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Also, if the QR code needs to be generated when the user is filling the form, it's not possible with Reader like it is with Acrobat"

More precisely:

If you use a QRcode field in a form filled with Acrobat Reader the user will only see a gray square.

But once it has been completed, if you open this form with Acrobat Pro (or Standard) the QRcode will be visible and usable.

Just because the user of Acrobat Reader does not see it does not mean that it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines