• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about printing Chinese characters

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create and use bilingual (English and Chinese) documents for my work. Recently as i've converted from .doc file to .pdf, there is a proplem when printing. The English prints fine but the Chinese will drop every 3rd or 4th character or some lines of text are completely dropped. The pdf looks perfect on my computer (mac) but doesn't print right. Can you help me figure out why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can copy paste text in Chinese doc then the problem is not in Adobe. More like in Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you printing? Are you suing Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader? If so, on the print dialog, you will find a "Print as image" option after you click on the "Advanced" button:

2020-11-18_14-00-41.png2020-11-18_14-00-51.png

Does this make a difference? If so, then the problem is very likely in the Mac's print sub-system, or related to fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, that was helpful. I found the font problem and solved it a different way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so if anyone else has this problem. It appears it was due to my font not being installed in the newest version of adobe acrobat (which i have a subscription for)...moving the font from font book over to supplemental fonts (as in this article https://www.adobe.com/products/type/install-instructions.html#) helped me more than anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines