"Action Wizard" > "More Tools" missing the "Split Document" function

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have Acrobat Pro 2017 here at work, installed by IT.  I'm trying to create an action wizard to split large documents by size that we need to do daily.  All tutorials indicate that the 'Split Document' function should be in the 'Action Wizard' sub folder 'More Tools' but it not there.  I couldn't find the 'Split Document' function under any of the 'Action Wizard' sub folder.  To be clear, I need this to be an 'Action Wizard', I know how to do it manually everyday but would like to save time.

Thanks in advance!!!

ActionWizard.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use "Create Custom Tool", not the Action Wizard. Info is available in the help of Adobe Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue, unfortunatly "Create Custom Tool" without any guidence isn't a greate answer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open this dialog by executing this JavaScript code:

app.execMenuItem("SplitDocument");

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could post a link to one of these tutorials, so we can see what is wrong with the tutorial, your Acrobat, or something else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"unfortunatly "Create Custom Tool" without any guidence isn't a greate answer"

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Capture_029.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines