Exit

"Bold" will not toggle off

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Regarding Acrobat Pro DC-

I am unable to toggle off the bold setting. This is happening when I add text or edit text. The text I am editing does not contain any bold characters.

Clicking on italics, subscript etcetera does not turn off bold. changing fonts does not help. It was working okay and then stuck in bold.

Don't know what changed or if I did something inadvertently. Right now I can't do the necessary edits on documents for work.

In the Lounge because I could not find a community for Acrobat Pro DC.

Please share your expertise.

Dave

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

I've had a bit of a look at what could be the cause of the issue. My observations:

• The Format font styles / settings remember the last settings you've applied to text edits in Acrobat. That means if you had applied  Bold +  Italic, these will remain active.  The next text you add with Add Text tool will hen have Bold + Italic applied as well.
  • If you ONLY insert the cursor (with Edit tool)  between two characters in the text, you cannot disable the Bold or Italic options that are active by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that the font you've selected only has a Bold appearance? This might be something you've already tried - but does it work if you select another font?

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the Edit PDF panel with the text selected on the page? Might be something we can spot quickly and help sort.

Cari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE_bold.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a bit of a look at what could be the cause of the issue. My observations:

• The Format font styles / settings remember the last settings you've applied to text edits in Acrobat. That means if you had applied  Bold +  Italic, these will remain active.  The next text you add with Add Text tool will hen have Bold + Italic applied as well.
  • If you ONLY insert the cursor (with Edit tool)  between two characters in the text, you cannot disable the Bold or Italic options that are active by default. You'd need to ensure you highlight/select some text first.

acrobat-edit.png

For the issue you are seeing:

• Are you highlight/selecting text with the 'Edit' tool and then clicking on the Bold and Italic buttons under Format to try and disable it?
  • If you are and the issue persists, I'd opt to reset Acrobat's preferences to see if that resolves the issue.  (see: Re: How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat. )
  • Also does the problem occur just in one PDF or all PDFs you try to edit?

Cari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences did the trick. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent glad to hear the problem is resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines