Exit

"Changing the document" is not allowed

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

here goes...

I have made a document myself with few basic formulas. Whenever I close the document and open it again, suddenly the formulas don´t work. After some research I have found out that problem is in document security. Take a look below:

CNDY.jpg

So the question is: How do I allow "Changing the document" ? 

There is already one topic asking a question, however the given answer does not work for me at all. ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/changing-the-document-not-allowed/m-p/6437009?page=1#M18252 )

I am using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.

Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What scripts does you use in the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what do you mean by "scripts" .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean scripts for e.g. calculation in the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This setting does not interfere with filling in form fields, unless you added a script that does very dramatic things to the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it doesn't happen by itself. You must have applied a security policy or signed the file or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only thing that can control permissions if a PDF is not otherwise encrypted (e.g. with a Password) is the SaveAs Reader Extended operation, which is actually a digital signature with some extended user rights that are made available if the document is opened in Reader. Because the Reader Extended option (a Perms dictionary in the Document Catalog containing UR entries) is a digital signature, some operations associated with digital signatures are not allowed. These include Changing the Document itself. Most Reader Extended privileges have been granted by default in the latest Reader, so saving with Reader Extended is no longer required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines