• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"com.apple.webkit.plugin.64 want to use your confidential information"

Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this happening in Safari 11 (since the upgrade)? How can I get rid of this annoying plug-in pop-up (frequently occurs)?

Thanks

Using Acrobat DC Pro Build: 17.12.20098.240878 OS X

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Hi all,

Please note that we have released a patch today that should mitigate the repeated pop-up issue for most configurations. However, there are a few leftover cases for which we are actively working with Apple to address them.

This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-november-29-2017.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ashu!

I installed the update, although I have not had the popup since following your instructions yesterday to enter my password and select “Allways Allow”.

Hopefully the first procedure fixed it and, if not, the patch.

Thank you again for your diligence in finding a solution for this issue.

Sincerely,

WLDUNC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unable to get the patch to install on my Mac.  I'm running Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.009.20050 - and everything is "updated".  I am still getting the error so I am hoping that you are going to be pushing this down automatically somehow - or providing another patch.  I reached out to tech support chat - again - and they are still oblivious to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright, the private patch you provided seems to have fixed this annoying thing.

Tested on 2017 MacBook Pro 14.3, running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mieram​ - thank you for confirming. Glad to hear that!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of people affected.

It happens several times a day and none of these suggestions are working so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forced Acrobat to do an update this morning (as Creative Cloud didn't think there was one) and it would appear that the patch has worked!

Thank you for fixing this. Such as shame it's taken sooooooooooooooooo long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do we install? There are two Mac installers listed on that page linked to. Do we need both? Just One? If so, which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kiwimac99

Please open Acrobat, go to Help > Check for Updates and you will be able to apply the patch.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just says "Updater is already running" when I do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kiwimac99

This means that update has already started in the background. Please quit Acrobat and let the updater finish updating the application.

You can launch the application in some time once it has auto-updated.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated...the problem is still there.

I've opened a pdf in safari and the popup still there again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@axelv - you may encounter the pop-up once but repeated pop-ups should go away. Please let us know if that is not the case.

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version of Acrobat just released does not pop up anymore... but destroyed my javascripts ! My dynamic stamps do not work anymore !!! I do not know what you changed but you seemed to restrict what scripts can do. How can I get back to this annoying-incredibly-bugged-version-with-that-popup-but-that-let-me-at-least-do-my-job-with-my-stmaps ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning safari show me three popup. Damn!

Schermata 2017-12-04 alle 08.16.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi axelv,

Are you getting the prompt even after clicking 'Deny'?

You will get the prompt once if you open a PDF in safari and then if you press:-

1. 'Allow' - The prompt will keep on coming.

2. 'Deny' - No prompt will come in this session. Prompt will come only after you 'Quit' and relaunch Safari.

3. 'Always Allow' -  The prompt shouldn't come again in your system ever. In case it is coming, we are working with Apple to get that fixed.

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click always "always allow" but the popup appears at every reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  I have completed all the updates, and still no luck.  I am using Safari browser.  Not sure if this is a coincidence, but I get it when I "Clear History"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi axelv,

This is something about which we have already flagged Apple. We will get back as soon as we have an update from them. Thanks for your patience.

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah none of those options you say work except Allow. The prompt keeps coming no matter what. Even though I haven't relaunched Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue, nothing is checked and it's only with Safari 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro DC a couple of days ago. Same issue on Mac here as well (also getting the problem when I open emails). Per this suggestion, I spend the "Check for Updates" and the response was "Updater Already Running." Still having this

problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have received confirmation from Apple that there have been changes in Safari Technology Preview 47 (Safari - Downloads - Apple Developer) that should fix the repeated keychain prompts.

It is expected that STP will prompt for keychain access the first time but it should not subsequently prompt after you select ‘Always Allow’.

Please do try it out and let us know in case of any issues.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting prompts with Safari 11.0.3, Acrobat DC is the latest version, and  even after selecting "Always Allow".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here. Still getting several prompts a day.

Dan Blair

Marketing & Communications

[Personal info removed by mod: Email, Phone number]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dito here. Still getting it even with the latest update

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines