• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Enable more tools" option not available in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a Form using Livecycle Designer and tried to make it savable. The suggestet way by several sources is to open it in Acrobat Pro and save it with "File menu -> Save As other -> Reader Extended PDF -> Enable more tools". Alas this option is not displayed in the Menu "Save as other".

I also testet it with an empty PDF created by Livecycle Designer. In this document also the option "Enable more tools" is missing.

What did i get wrong? / How do i get the option "Enable more toos" in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see at "Save as Other" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

in Save as other there is (translated from the german version):

• PDF with reduced size
  • Certified PDF
  • Reader Extended PDF
    • Activate comments and meassuring
  • Optimized PDF
  • Archiv-able PDF (PDF/A)
  • Printable PDF (PDF/X)
  • PDF/E

So no Option "enable more tools"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair the Acrobat installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

since i work on a machine of my employer i cannot repair the installation myself but i will give the hint to the IT-department (which might take a while). Thank you for your fast responses.

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Reader Extended" is an old feature made for Adobe Reader X(10) and older versions.

It is no longer required since Adobe Reader XI(11), released in 2013, and Acrobat Reader DC can save any PDF form with or without "Reader extension".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I too was under the impression, that the Reader ist capable of saving the forms. It seems to be more a problem of the permissions. The Question would then be: how do i allow users who only have the adobe reader to save the form?

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is required for XFA forms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines