Highlighted

"Fields" menu from Form Editing menu

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro and I need to change the tab order for a fillable form but in one document I made the "Fields" menu (that includes "sort by" and "tab order") does not appear when I click the edit button under Forms in Tools.

There are fillable fields in the doc, I have a second doc open at the same time that has the Fields menu but I have not been able to figure out how to make it show up. 

And the first time I clicked the Edit button under Tools --> Forms today the whole Tools menu disapeared. But after I closed form editing I went back to take screenshots and the menu stayed... still without the Fields menu.

This happens periodically... randomly..? What is going on? How can I get this option back?

Thank you

Snag_231190d6.pngSnag_23123708.png

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Acrobat XI is past its EOL date and getting less and less compatible with every new update to Windows 10, so the chances of such strange issues happening is getting higher and higher, unfortunately.

Try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier version, like Windows 7.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Fields" menu from Form Editing menu

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro and I need to change the tab order for a fillable form but in one document I made the "Fields" menu (that includes "sort by" and "tab order") does not appear when I click the edit button under Forms in Tools.

There are fillable fields in the doc, I have a second doc open at the same time that has the Fields menu but I have not been able to figure out how to make it show up. 

And the first time I clicked the Edit button under Tools --> Forms today the whole Tools menu disapeared. But after I closed form editing I went back to take screenshots and the menu stayed... still without the Fields menu.

This happens periodically... randomly..? What is going on? How can I get this option back?

Thank you

Snag_231190d6.pngSnag_23123708.png

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Acrobat XI is past its EOL date and getting less and less compatible with every new update to Windows 10, so the chances of such strange issues happening is getting higher and higher, unfortunately.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange... What's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat)? What's your OS version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Acrobat Pro XI on Mac OS.

Be sure to use the latest version : 11.0.23

(Help menu : Check For Updates")

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Version is 11.0.23 on Acrobat Pro XI

Snag_246402ae.png

Computer OS is Windows 10 Enterprise v. 1909

I'm glad someone else thinks this is strange and it's not Just something obvious that I missed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realize I had such an old version. I got my company to install an updated version rather than trying Compatibility Mode. 

Thank you for the help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0