Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Insufficient data for an image" error when opening a PDF file

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I try to open a PDF file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrcdx5aawb3plgs/Ya-Gotta-Try-Nestico.pdf?dl=0 , I will always get "Insufficient data for an image" error.

I try to search online and find some similart posts, such as https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/insufficient-data-for-an-image/td-p/9691197 and https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/insufficient-data-for-image/td-p/4334063

But the solutions for these posts do not work for my case.

I am using the latest version of Acrobat Reader(2020.009.20067).

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Here is your file in "OK" version: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:c93e03e2-d214-434d-9158-e8174bc4fd6e

See Document Properties to find out with which software opened the messy file and which software re-converted it to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

I gave you a link for downloading the "OK" version I made. You could have at least downloaded and examined it.

I don't know what is the problem with your file, I just found the solution to repair it: I opened your file with Foxit Reader and I use the AdobePDF printer to recreate a new file.

creator.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a little more about the type of PDF that you're trying to open.

Can you tell if this is a PDF that generated from another PDF producing software(i.e. like an SQL report, AutoCAD, PitStop, tax and accounting software  or other Adobe software that is not Acrobat )? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure. I get the file from a friend. Below is what she said about the file:

"No idea how the file became corrupted. It was downloaded from a data service, scribd.com. Files on there are uploaded by many members."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is your file in "OK" version: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:c93e03e2-d214-434d-9158-e8174bc4fd6e

See Document Properties to find out with which software opened the messy file and which software re-converted it to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, JR_Boulay,

What is the problem with the file? And how you make it "OK" again? Thank you very much.

I check "Document Properties" and it shows several information, below:

1. Application: EPSON Stylus CX5400.

2. PDF Producer: Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Paper Capture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave you a link for downloading the "OK" version I made. You could have at least downloaded and examined it.

I don't know what is the problem with your file, I just found the solution to repair it: I opened your file with Foxit Reader and I use the AdobePDF printer to recreate a new file.

creator.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Actually I download FoxIt Reader and try by myself. Your solution works perfectly. But at that time your last post does not exist, so I mark your previous post as a correct answer. Now I have marked your latest one as the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having hte same issue.  Insufficient data error and it inst just me.  The file isnt working for work colleage either.  Yet, I can open it in chrome just fine.  I dont understand.  Both Adobe Acrobat DC readers are the most up to date versions.  Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines