• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Look up _____" causes Acrobat to Crash!

Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's changed. It used to work just fine. But now, when I highlight a word in a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2019.021.20061) and use the context menu to select "Look up _____," Adobe just hanges and crashes. This is on a Windows 10 machine. I deleted and reinstalled Acrobat, just in case it'd gone corrupt, but it's still happening. Any clues?
TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Try uninstall/reinstall with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. The tool has a BAT file that I hope might fix the problem. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a corrupt font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not a corrupt font. It happens to any PDF from any source, no matter the fonts used. It's strange; this just started happening out of the blue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstall/reinstall with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. The tool has a BAT file that I hope might fix the problem. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LaSalamander

We are sorry for the delay in response. 

Have you tried the suggestion provided by Barbara_Ash? Please update the thread with your observation and findings. Do let us know if the issue is still unresolved.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, all. I kind of forgot about this. (It isn't a function I use daily.) I just went to go verfy that it's still happening before I try this cleaner tool....and it's somehow fixed itself! But it's good to know about this tool now, next time something like this happens. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed. 

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines