Highlighted

"One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted" - AGAIN.

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open a PDF file.
  2. Save it under a different name
  3. Try to delete a page

You'll get this error:

"One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted"

I've had this billions of times now and the only solution that works 100% of the time is closing and re-opening the file. This leads me to believe it's something with "locking" the file while saving, but not unlocking it after done saving.

GET THIS FIXED PLEASE because it's annoying LOADS and LOADS of people.

As evident by the 7000+ search results for the exact phrase "One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted".

And that's just the part of the userbase that actually reports the problem.

There are several topics about this issue, some marked as "solved" erroneously.

Note, I'm a paying customer, use Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver/Fireworks and Bridge during my daily work, and have had this issue for months and months across several different computers (two different workplaces, and at home) and have ran into this time and again, when all I want to do is cut a PDF into several smaller PDFs.

Closing and re-opening your program because you're unable to fix this issue is NOT ACCEPTABLE. It's THE WORST kind of user experience, as this issue is the ONLY reason I use Acrobat at all, and it can't even do that.

Cheers,

- Dirk

Ps.: Sorry, I'm very frustrated running into this time and again, and then having to wade through thick mud (your site is a UX nightmare) to report this issue, which has been report oodles of times on this board before.

For me - using Acrobat Pro X on Windows 7 - this problem went away when I updated Acrobat Pro to the latest release (Help > Check for Updates).

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted" - AGAIN.

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open a PDF file.
  2. Save it under a different name
  3. Try to delete a page

You'll get this error:

"One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted"

I've had this billions of times now and the only solution that works 100% of the time is closing and re-opening the file. This leads me to believe it's something with "locking" the file while saving, but not unlocking it after done saving.

GET THIS FIXED PLEASE because it's annoying LOADS and LOADS of people.

As evident by the 7000+ search results for the exact phrase "One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted".

And that's just the part of the userbase that actually reports the problem.

There are several topics about this issue, some marked as "solved" erroneously.

Note, I'm a paying customer, use Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver/Fireworks and Bridge during my daily work, and have had this issue for months and months across several different computers (two different workplaces, and at home) and have ran into this time and again, when all I want to do is cut a PDF into several smaller PDFs.

Closing and re-opening your program because you're unable to fix this issue is NOT ACCEPTABLE. It's THE WORST kind of user experience, as this issue is the ONLY reason I use Acrobat at all, and it can't even do that.

Cheers,

- Dirk

Ps.: Sorry, I'm very frustrated running into this time and again, and then having to wade through thick mud (your site is a UX nightmare) to report this issue, which has been report oodles of times on this board before.

For me - using Acrobat Pro X on Windows 7 - this problem went away when I updated Acrobat Pro to the latest release (Help > Check for Updates).

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 05, 2012 1
Contributor ,
Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up on Acrobat X. I do everything in Acrobat 9! The sad thing is that they haven't fix AX, and now they want me to pay for an Acrobat 11! What a joke.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2012 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just like the second the frustrations of this user. Maybe I'm naively optimistic about this, but I'm still hoping that this long-outstanding problem could be effectively addressed in the near future

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup.  I get this problem too.  And I'm posting in April of 2015, so I see this problem has existed a long time.  Acrobat "Pro" (ha ha) is full of stupid, annoying problems.  And the interface is clunky.  I'm going use PDF Split and Merge to remove the page I'm struggling with.  Ridiculous that Adobe Acrobat Pro cannot remove one page from a PDF file.  I am NEVER upgrading this product.  I am done with Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

The issue is not reproducible at my end. Could you please specify the version of Acrobat you are using and your operating system?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 11.0.10 on Windows 8.1 x64.

The problem is intermittent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried on the configuration that you have mentioned but I am not able to see the issue. Is there any other operation that you perform in that session of Acrobat when you see this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded a two page document, optimized it, redacted part of the first page, attempted to delete page 2 of 2, was not able to. Saved it and used PDF Split and Merge Basic to remove the unwanted page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2015 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just going to add my name to this list.  Pro 10.1.13, Windows 7. 

I print this document from a web browser, open the file (from a network drive) and I get the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to reproduce the issue. It happens when you try to delete pages after applying a redaction to the document. I'm using Acrobat Pro DC. I've attached pictures of the version for both my OS and for Acrobat. Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 4.42.03 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-06-05 at 4.42.30 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix on the Mac. I open up the file in Preview, and export as PDF. Then, I can open the exported PDF back into Acrobat, and delete pages like normal. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2015 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great that you are not seeing the problem anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still seeing the problem and when i click on check for updates, it says no updates available.. is this a bug or is this fixable? I'm confused.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2015 0
New Here ,
May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time it's happened to me.  Acrobat 10.1.14.11.  Mac OSX Yosemite.  Occured after I saved the file.  Closing file did not work.  Had to close Acrobat before being able to delete again.  But upon saving the file again, it stopped working again.  Had to reopen Acrobat a second time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2015 0