• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"please wait while the document is being prepared for reading"?

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone point me to how to turn this off? it happens when i replace pages from one file into another. or possibly any edit.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Hi marc.cardwell,

As mentioned you want to remove conent prepation message, could you try unchecking "Enable assistive technology support" under the "Accessibility" option in "Preferences" and check if that helps?

You may also refer to the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

How do you get rid of "please wait while the document is being prepared for reading" when opening a file on a mac?

Please wait while the document is being prepared for reading dialogue on Reader DC for Mac

Le

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marc.cardwell,

As mentioned you want to remove conent prepation message, could you try unchecking "Enable assistive technology support" under the "Accessibility" option in "Preferences" and check if that helps?

You may also refer to the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

How do you get rid of "please wait while the document is being prepared for reading" when opening a ...

Please wait while the document is being prepared for reading dialogue on Reader DC for Mac

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi shivam, thanks for your help. i searched for this exact term in the search area and got zero results. i searched again today, for this term and the results were my own post and your reply.

i don't know how i'm supposed to find help when it can't be searched. suggestions?

search.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, So I tried all this stuff and I think something may have eventually worked.

I have written an action wizard that has one step to embed thumbnails. On some of the files I run this on it hangs at "embedding thumbnails" including on a file with one page.

I am using the Acrobat Pro 2017 desktop version evaluating whether I can move from Acrobat Pro 11.

I'm thinking this version is really a desktop version of Acrobat Pro DC though there is no documentation of this.

Interface is really all over the place.

Only reason for upgrade is that Acrobat Pro 11 is not 64 bit and I may want to move to Catalina when they get the bugs fixed. Why not just compile Acrobat 11 for 64 bit, declare victory and go home.

Just saying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam, thanks for pointing toward the origin of this dialogue. Unfortunately, this fix also disables screen reader altogether. Additionally, letting the 'content preparation' process run its course also makes scanned text unreadable for screen reader. So apparently, there's no other option but to click this dialogue away 100 times a day if you want to use assistive technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few days ago I was taking a refresher course in Acrobat DC Pro when this dialog kept popping up.

Having used Acrobat since version 7, I never had this happen. I unchecked "Enable assistive technology support" as suggested since my use is private and I don't use this feature. That setting got rid of the dialog box that would pop up for each pdf I opened.

Just want to say this forum is a goldmine when it comes to the oddball problems like this that comes flying out of nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines