• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"print current view" option is missing

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Acrobat 10.1.16. to view building drawings. Often would like to print the view on my screen but the "print current view" button is missing from the printing dialogue box. This seems to only happen occasionally. Sometimes closing the document and re-opening it solves the problem, but not always.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current View is disabled, when the current view includes more then one page:

If this is not the case with your problem, please state the OS too. It would also be nice to post a screenshot of the option missing.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat , the 'print current view' option is not always available when multiple drawings have been grouped into one large pdf file, as is often done with construction drawings.  You can work around this by extracting the page you wish to print a view of into a separate file, and then opening it as a single sheet.  Hopefully, Adobe will fix this program defect in a future upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you do not view more then ONE page in Acrobat at that time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you are viewing only one page of a multiple page file, the 'Print Current View' is not available.  Adobe needs to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a non-confidential file of that? I never experienced such a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is only available when Page Display is set to "Single Page View":

Annotation 2019-04-29 093301.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use the Print Current View on a multi-page doc set to scrolling pages view.

It could be useful to see if this issue carries over to different documents, or try to print it this way on another machine (different Acrobat installation), or even see if it behaves this way in Reader.  Or maybe switch to a different printer in the dialog box (for testing purposes) if available. I can not recreate your issue on my computer (Windows). 

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is not available when you see more then one page on the display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can Print Current View on a multi-page doc set to scrolling pages view for some documents.

On the ones where the option is missing, it doesn't matter that I am zoomed in on only one page.

Changing the printer had no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single page view is the correct view for this. All others will fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can Print Current View on a multi-page doc set to scrolling pages view for some documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was may be imprecise in my explanation:

• this works:
  • and this doesn't:

So as soon as there are more than one page in the "current view", current view is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This worked for me. Upgraded from Pro 11 to Pro 2020. Never had this issue in the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and where is "Print Area"? - it's really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you mean with "Print Area" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also have the problem printing current view. My co-worker does not. She has tried to fix my computer to print like hers and no luck. So this morning I have started googling to see what I can do to fix this. Can you explain in a little more detail what I need to do to get the option to print from current view?

default91sdmqlnavd7_0-1648651126024.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines