• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Save As" feature doesn't work in Adobe Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm most annoyed that the "Saved As" feature decided not to work any more.  All I get is a blank box.  I have looked this up and others have had the problem.  Responses instructed them to open Adobe Reader and  Edit>Preferences>General>Basic tools and turn off "Show online storage when opening files" and "Show online storage when saving files."

I have DONE this and it still doesn't work.  Frustrated and not happy that I have to pay for something that doesn't work properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Hi there

Thanks for your time and patience.

The planned update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 21.07.20099  is now available. Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates  and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html .

For more information about the new release please check the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-october-21-updates-are-l...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DurkSW,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are getting the blank screen on saving the file.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please try to download it to your computer and then try again.

Are you on a personal machine or IT managed (Office machine)? Also if you are on a company network, please try to switch your Internet to wifi, mobile or hotspot network and try again.

As mentioned you have already tried the preference setting, Edit>Preferences>General>Basic tools and turn off "Show online storage when opening files" and "Show online storage when saving files." with no success

Please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only) and see if that makes any difference. Go Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode', turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK and reboot the application.
Note: Turning off the protected mode may possess security risks, please turn on the security after testing.

If it still doesn't work, please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) go to Help > Repair Installation and check if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything to get my save as to work except I don't know what you mean by "create a new test user profile". How do I do this becuase nothing is working for me? Yes it's with every pdf. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

The issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix, we will share the update as soon as we heae anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll answer your questions first. This has happened with ALL my PDFs, not just one.  I am working on my home PC with my own Hotspot.

I followed your instructions and turned off Enhanced Security as well as Protected View, rebooted the application, and it worked!  The dialogue box takes a little more time to appear than it used to but it works.

Thank you so much for responding with alacrity and for all your help.  Much appreciated.

Best, Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed and the application is up and running fine.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for your time and patience.

The planned update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 21.07.20099  is now available. Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates  and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html .

For more information about the new release please check the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-october-21-updates-are-l...

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading both and neither download worked. The error is as follows.

(The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrate patch may update a different verison of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you may have the correct upgrade patch.) 

Please advise how to fix this issue. The save as still doesnt work on most of the forms I try using the Save As tab. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Do you have a personal computer or is it a IT managed work/enterprise machine?

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/deploy-packages-using-sccm.html and see if that works for you. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have PC. I went to the link and it's confusing to say the least. Why can't Adobe just fix it with another update instead of asking us to do the impossible without a college degree in programming?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that, our engineering team is still working on it to find the fix.

We will share the update as soon as we will hear anyting from them. 

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines