Highlighted

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document. Shows a blank screen. Any idea what would cause this? I just purchased acrobat pro dc.

Thanks!

Found this solution:

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to. It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "the cloud", it runs into problems. You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your save as dialog back: Open up Acrobat's preferences, then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online storage when saving files":

Preferences > Show online storage

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document. Shows a blank screen. Any idea what would cause this? I just purchased acrobat pro dc.

Thanks!

Found this solution:

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to. It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "the cloud", it runs into problems. You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your save as dialog back: Open up Acrobat's preferences, then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online storage when saving files":

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 13, 2015 5
Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kimberleyh61857508,

Are you on Mac OS or Windows (and what version)? Are other dialog boxes exhibiting this behavior? Does it happen with all PDF files? If the issue is consistent across PDFs, then it may be necessary to reinstall Acrobat.

Best,

Sara

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sarah. I am on a Mac OS and version. 10.9.5 . I had adobe remotely come in an work on my computer for over an hour. We installed and reinstalled the DC version. It work when he finally did everything and then I closed it and just reopened it and it is not working again. It does this on every pdf. When I File, Save As Other, it works but not as a File, Save As.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me too. My connection is fine; Acrobat couldn't see it, and would not save with the default "cloud storage" checked.
Many problems with CC/SAAS. Every time I use CC, it breaks. The connection protocols are really timid.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2016 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deselecting the "Show online storage when saving files" solved the problem.

Adobe REALLY should implement a better engineering solution to avoid this issue from happening.

Best,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2016 0
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the blank save as window.

It happened when I was creating a new pdf from my scanner.

I am using Win 7 Pro with Acrobat Pro DC version 2015.007.2033.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2015 0
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to use Save As since moving to Acrobat DC either. I've tried unsuccessfully with multiple pdf's, created by a range of programs and users. I'm running Mac OS 10.10.2 and Acrobat Pro DC 2015.007.20033

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2015 0
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to save it to the free cloud account that Acrobat offers.  Then form the cloud account you can save it to any file on your computer.  Bit of a round about way, but gives a solution for now until Acrobat gets their act together and solves this issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2016 0
Explorer ,
May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, has anyone solved this issue? on a Mac OS 10.10.2, Acrobat Pro DC 2015.007.20033

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2015 0
Explorer ,
May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this solution:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2015 42
New Here ,
May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me! Thanks a million for sharing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2015 3
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me on Mac! thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2015 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You saved me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2015 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Struggling with this for months! Thanks for the fix!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting?  Worked for me!  Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was irritating me to no end.  Thanks for the fix - makes me feel better about paying those subscription dollars now 😃

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.
Adobe is not testing their cloud stuff widely enough. This is a default setting on the shipping version of Acrobat, and it breaks the program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, worked for me on Windows 10!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg! Thank you so much!! I was about to uninstall Adobe because it was irritating me that I couldn´t save it. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you happen to know the corresponding registry entry for this setting?  I'd like to turn it off for a bunch of already-installed workstations with what I am hoping is a simple registry change. *fingers crossed*  I have been looking and cannot find a single registry entry that corresponds to this checkbox, but I keep finding 5 or 6 registry entries regarding turning off cloud services.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no idea how awesome you are! This was frustrating the goodness out of me!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, the network at work creates a million problems everytime, today was Acrobat.

Thanks for sharing!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!!! Problem solved!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a preferences dialog box.  Normally when I'm in an application, the Preferences option is available by clicking the application name on the top of the window, but Adobe does not have anything like that.  How do I find Preferences????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This finally worked for me and I was on Windows too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief, I've been suffering with that crappy default save as dialog...

It just started the blanking and I found this answer. PERFECT!! Thank goodness for being able to turn that off!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for this.  My acrobat has worked well but a recent update must have set the look at online files marker.  I used your recommendation at it worked first time.  All is now OK. Current version is 2019.012.20035

I did try to register for the forum but having done so and tried to use it I was rejected and referred to administrator !!!!

Anyway, the wonders of googling found this.

Thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This helped me so much. (On a Mac)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2015 0