• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document. Shows a blank screen. Any idea what would cause this? I just purchased acrobat pro dc.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Found this solution:

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to. It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "the cloud", it runs into problems. You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your save as dialog back: Open up Acrobat's preferences, then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a preferences dialog box.  Normally when I'm in an application, the Preferences option is available by clicking the application name on the top of the window, but Adobe does not have anything like that.  How do I find Preferences????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This finally worked for me and I was on Windows too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief, I've been suffering with that crappy default save as dialog...

It just started the blanking and I found this answer. PERFECT!! Thank goodness for being able to turn that off!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for this.  My acrobat has worked well but a recent update must have set the look at online files marker.  I used your recommendation at it worked first time.  All is now OK. Current version is 2019.012.20035

I did try to register for the forum but having done so and tried to use it I was rejected and referred to administrator !!!!

Anyway, the wonders of googling found this.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  This was so irritating for a week!  I should have popped on here earlier.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working. I continue to get a blank screen even when the "Show online storage when saving files." is deselected. I have uninstalled the app, had my access removed-->had my access restored, and reinstalled the application. This is happening for at least 17 users in my organization so far. We have over 320+ installs.  What changes has Adobe made recently that is causing this to pop up now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deslecting "Show online storage when saving files" is NOT working for me either. I'm on a MAC and any dialog box that opens is blank or looks invisible. Has anyont found a fix for MAC. I have unistalled and reinstalled to no avail either.

Thanks for any suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You saved me a ton of hassle uninstalling and reinstalling. This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, richil! Your solution worked perfectly. This problem was a serious hinderance for my productivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, that worked for me, many thanks. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't figure it out. Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem when trying to save a file it showed a blank screen. I tired "Open up Acrobat's preferences, then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online storage when saving files". It worked thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a follow-up to this issue!

The solution works as far as the dialog box is concerned, but I have a separate problem from this solution:

With the regular Save As dialog box disabled, how is it possible to reduce PDF file size when resaving? This is a checkbox option on the typical Save As box that does not appear to have a corresponding option in the File window?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried this and am having no success.... please let me know if there have been any changes since the last post, thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I struggled with this glitch for a couple of hours before seeing your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked immediately.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This helped me so much. (On a Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this simple and easy to follow answer kimberley. It was driving me crazy and worked as soon as I switched the online storage facility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you the solution worked.

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks worked for me on Max OS 10.9.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine isn't working.. I already tried but still the "save us" will pop-up but blanked..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking "Show online storage..." still doesn't solve the problem. I am running DC with El Capitan and whenever I try to make a composite PDF from multiple files, both "Save" and "Save As..." are grayed out. Closing the composite document doesn't trigger a dialog to save the new file. The only work-around that I've been able to come up with thus far is to open an existing PDF >> delete all pages except one >> add the new PDFs >> delete the remaining "old" page. Only then will "Save" and "Save As..." be available. I tried uninstalling the Acrobat DC app, but that sent my Creative Cloud app into a tailspin which required an uninstall and re-install of that app. PITA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines