• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Something went wrong" an error message in Acrobat DC after the update.

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Creative Cloud. Lightroom Classic works fine. It was working fine after my Creative Cloud install last night but now Acrobat DC gives me a "Something went wrong" error message. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Hi there!

I hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat.

Would you mind sharing more details about the issue you are experiencing with Acrobat?

Are you getting this error message while updating the app or while launching it? Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

If you are on a Mac machine, then please try the solution shared in this article and see if that works for you: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-activation.html#AcrobatDistiller

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat.

Would you mind sharing more details about the issue you are experiencing with Acrobat?

Are you getting this error message while updating the app or while launching it? Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

If you are on a Mac machine, then please try the solution shared in this article and see if that works for you: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-activation.html#AcrobatDistiller

If the issue persists, then reboot the machine once, then use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the installed Acrobat: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the computer, and install Acrobat: Download Acrobat DC installer for Enterprise term or VIP license

Let us know how it goes and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same "something went wrong" error and I am running windows 10.  I had purchased and used a previous version of adobe acrobat pro 2017 for teachers and students and am trying to get adobe acrobat pro 2020 to work on my windows 10 desktop.  I had already uninstalled the 2017 version prior to installing the 2020 version.  I have also tried uninstalling 2020 version and reinstalling it but am getting the same message - "Something went wrong    More information     Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator.  Learn more."  Please help, as I use this program every day for teaching.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you were receiving the error message, could you please confirm if the issue still persists?

Also, let us know if you are trying to install Acrobat 2020 or Acrobat 2017 on the current machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-verify-your-subscription-status.html 

Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Working on PC, installed all updates, tried restart and it is still there after every export of PDF from inDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines