Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The Selected Color Format is not supported" error

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've seen this error message posted at least half a dozen times since 2014 and still no solution, but I figured, what the heck, might as well post the question again.

So, I'm running Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 (17.11.30105.303785) on a Mac running OS 10.12.6.  I'm trying to scan to my HP OfficeJet 3830 in "Color" from Acrobat.  I can successfully scan in "Text" or "Black & White", but when I try to scan in "Color", I get the dreaded "The Selected Color Format is not supported" error message.

Error1.png

Using the default HP scanning tool, though, I can scan in color successfully.  I just get gigantic sized PDF files, which totally stinks.

Works.png

Adobe, please ask me any and as many questions as you want and I will answer them.  Please, for the love, just fix this issue.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem; iMac with macOS High Sierra and HP Officejet Pro 9012 15th octo9ber 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 2018 MacBook Pro, Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem Macbook Pro with Catalina. Epson WF 7720 printer/scanner. My Brother MFC L8850 scans with the same settings just fine.

Adobe? Anyone listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any reply to this link at all????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - Xerox 6515 - 0S Catalina 10.15 - no solution found so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Espson 4720 running Acrobat Pro DC Continous Version on MacOS 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that Adobe has still nopt addressed this here is the reason why they suck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is not the solution, but a way around to ensure that we can scan on Mac and create PDFs. If you are using HP printers/ scanners, use HP Easy Scan app, which has a normal PDF and an OCR PDF creation option - https://apps.apple.com/in/app/hp-easy-scan/id967004861?mt=12.

I have used this, and it is easy to use and solves the purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thamks, but this is not the isuue. When working in Adobe as archiving tool it would be helpfull if I can create a PDF file in color by scanning within the toolbox of Adobe pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem.  Has anyone solved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having trouble. ADOBE PLEASE FIX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of makes you think that one should not pay for applications that are not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just installed Acrobat Pro 2020 Mac and I have hte same problem with my canon MG7720.  I also have a PC and have zero issues with Acrobat DC Pro on that machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines