Highlighted

"ti" becomes a "5" in search

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do a search, Acrobat treats the letter combination "ti" as though it is the single character "5" How do I fix that?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"ti" becomes a "5" in search

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do a search, Acrobat treats the letter combination "ti" as though it is the single character "5" How do I fix that?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you're copying from another document ; a scanned document possibly?  

In which case, when  you paste the copied item in the search box is acting out as a ligature, or else some sort of unicode decoding/encoding issue.  

If this is the case, right-click on that syllable again, but this time, select from the context menu "Copy with Formatting", and then paste it in the search box. See if that works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0