Highlighted

"Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt"

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been dealing with this issue on one particular employee. She receives this error ("Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt")

I have tried these fixes but have had no success.

I have fully uninstalled Adobe Acrobat through control panel, with CCLeaner, and Adobe Cleaner.

We also updated the Adobe and did fresh installs and even a repair but it did not fix the issue.

I also tried moving the plugin around specifically the Paper Capture plug in and it still gave the error.

Has anyone had any success with fixing this error?

Thanks!

Hi Jamey6588540,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to fix the paper capture service:

Could not access the recognition service when attempting OCR on Windows

Divya

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt"

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been dealing with this issue on one particular employee. She receives this error ("Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt")

I have tried these fixes but have had no success.

I have fully uninstalled Adobe Acrobat through control panel, with CCLeaner, and Adobe Cleaner.

We also updated the Adobe and did fresh installs and even a repair but it did not fix the issue.

I also tried moving the plugin around specifically the Paper Capture plug in and it still gave the error.

Has anyone had any success with fixing this error?

Thanks!

Hi Jamey6588540,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to fix the paper capture service:

Divya

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 28, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamey6588540,

Divya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 2
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a message that I have to have "administrative permission" to copy to these folders. How do I do that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sjslev,

Sorry for the delayed response.

You can log in as the Administrator on the machine and then try.

Regards,

Divya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Divya,

I'm having the same error.  However, my program files don't have the iDRS15 at the end.  The deepest into the folder I can go is to \PaperCapture.  When I try to copy and paste that (it then says "copy" at the end of the file name) Adobe DC has an error when it opens up.  Any other ideas?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\iDRS15

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked - I wonder why Adobe has not updated their own installation software to adjust for the proper placement of dll's

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! The problem was driving me crazy, and this fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and this link does not work. Ready to throw this laptop out the window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how or why this worked, but it did:

Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\iDRS15

In there, there are a bunch of .dll files.  Copy them.

Go back to the plug_ins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\) and paste the .dll files in there.  Worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 5
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2020 1
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me also.  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto! Worked like a charm!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Copying and pasting those .dll files into the plug_ins folder, per your instructions worked! I no longer get an error message! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings:

I just tried the instructions without success. My OS is Windows 10; I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. This is the only PC where PaperCapture will not work. I have run the repair tool without any success.

PC_data.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to my previous post. I am not sure what happened, but Paper Capture is loaded and operational! Thanks for the help. I really needed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well! Thanks! This is something Adobe should have fixed by now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly - Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  Thank you; this was driving me insane.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me , Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm for me too thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too.  Better and more concise info than the Adobe Help answer!  I just edited the file locations to reflect my version of Adobe (I have Adobe DC) but otherwise the instructions are exactly the same.  Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\iDRS15

Go back to the plug_ins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\) and paste the .dll files in there.  Worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the path and information, I am back in business!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used this to fix mine! Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to the genius that figured this out. It worked like a charm. Why didn't Adobe put these DLL files where they can be found? I followed this advice.

Navigate to this folder: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\iDRS15

Go back to the plug_ins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\plug_ins\) and paste the .dll files in there. 

I leanred that the DLL extension means

DLL is a dynamic link library file format used for holding multiple codes and procedures for Windows programs. DLL files were created so that multiple programs could use their information at the same time, aiding memory conservation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too.  THANKS!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0