• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Your request could not be completed. Adobe Acrobat DC license has either expired or not been activated."

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtually every time I initiate a Word-to-PDF conversion from within Word, I get this error message. I have had CC since its inception, and I have had Acrobat Professional licenses going back to about version 4,5, or 6.

I have signed in and out of CC more times that I can possibly remember. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat more times than I care to admit. Yet this keeps happening, practically on a daily basis.

What is going on? How do I fix this? Am I the only one with this problem?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Stopping "Acrotray.exe" in Task Manager fixed it for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so it's documented, this is not the answer, it solves the issue for 24 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with andi_urra.  I tried to uninstall only the Creative Cloud and it said that other programs were attached to that program.  Do I have to uninstall everything.  This is ridiculous.  I don't have the time to do this.  Currently, turning off Acrotray fixed the problem.Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the 7 day trial and am immediately prompted with this error when attempting to convert a Word document to a PDF document.

<There was an error opening this document. A file conversion is already in progress. Please retry after that conversion is completed.>

I don't intend to waste my time trying to figure out workarounds when a company like Adobe still intends to charge the full price for this solution, which won't work for me (and many others) in the way the advertising says it would.

I shall move on to an alternative.

Adobe product management leadership needs sorting out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Repair installation" worked for me.it's under help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply quitting the Adobe CC app and reopening it fixed this issue for me.  FYI:  I only get this year the day of my annual renewal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the portal administrator for my company and coordinate the ordering of products. Despite the renewal date of 24th July, I am now getting errors the same as above from multiple users stating "Your request could not be completed. Adobe Acrobat License has either expired or not been activated.

As these are paid subscriptions, neither statement above applies. The subscriptions are current and were in use, ergo activated. From what I see in previous posts there has been a lot of frustration regarding this. Uninstalling isn't an option, because what will that achieve? I specifically moved my organization back to Adobe from Nitro and am now faced with this. Please fix urgently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stopping "Acrotray.exe" in Task Manager fixed it for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stopping the process in "Acrotray.exe" in Task Manager fixed it for too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the answer for us, and so simple! Another "Solved" forum had a very drawn out how to that didn't fix it. Glad I found this answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you williamo39xxxxxx! Great answer that fixed it ASAP here no reboot of Outlook even required. (what is Acrotray.exe even for?) 😱

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The acrotray.exe process kill fixed it for me. I consider this solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Killing the AcroTray.exe did not work for me.
The error appears to be referring to a trial version of Adobe Acrobat DC that I inadverntantly install a while back even though I have an active Pro account that I pay $15,98 / month !  Trying to uninstall the trial or non Pro version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's May, 2020 and I have this problem as well. Using Windows 10 Pro 64bit.  An easy work around for me was instead of trying to print to pdf, I saved as pdf.  Worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error has started happening for some of our users and is very annoying. They all have Acrobat DC pro licences and all licences are current. Win 10 and using Office 365. Is there any fix for this as it has been an issue for many years by the look of this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The acrotray.exe process kill fixed it for me. I consider this solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice that you consider it solved, but that didn't work for me. So it's not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! Worked for me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 stills same issues. Any fix? Acrotray.exe didnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Lord this is driving me insane!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe. Six. Years. Later. The issue persists. Sorry, shutting down Acrotray.exe does nothing. How about, when I try to use the software, it...works?

Not seiously expecting an Adobe response to this so OK probably just venting, but this is nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shutting down Acrotray.exe worked till yesterday. Today nothing works. I pay a subscription, I expect a service.

Now I must print and scan all the documents I need to file. Adobe, do you really think this is fair?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Admin Privleges: Adobe Admin Console --> Unassign then Reassign the license for the affected user --> Affected User logs back into Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It affects individual accounts that don't have that sort of administrator as well as corporate ones and will probably last until the computer reboots and starts acrotray again or it just ties itself into some internal knots for its own reasons.

This bug has existed for 6 years, and now it comes about when just trying to install acrobat on a fresh computer, since you have to reboot the computer into unsigned driver mode just to get the stupid printer driver to install that is necessary to get the plugins to output, and then it gets triggered again when you reboot the computer to turn it out of unsigned drivers mode.

All of this because adobe has let this longstanding bug sit around, has let its unsigned drivers be unsigned for ever, and has not even dealt with it when unsigned drivers became a very important problem in the wake of print nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the steps here: Why: Your request could not be completed. Adobe Acrobat license has either expired or not been activ...

WINDOWS:

1. Browse to:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe

And rename SLStore folder to SLStore_old.

2. Finally, browse to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

And delete everything inside the SLCache folder.

MAC:

1. Browse to:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe

And rename SLStore folder to SLStore_old.

2. Finally, browse to:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache

And delete everything inside the SLCache folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me (Windows). Don't know how long.

But in my case step 1) the SLStore folder location is:
%appdata%\Adobe\SLData\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines