• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Z@R828.tmp" font instead of Arial

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 400 page document I am editing and adding too and everything has been going just fine for the past week until now. The only font used in this entire document in various sizes is Arial in the all the combinations possible: Arial Bold Italic underlined

Now Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (paid not trial) is saying it can't recognise Arial and is changing it to gibberish. When I copy and paste the gibberish from my document (I just tried it) it pastes into word or email or this as normal English. When I copy and paste from here into Adobe it turns into gibberish. I need this fixed ASAP because it is a manual that is needed in 2 weeks and other fonts will be too hard to read properly. This is made in Adobe and is being edited in Adobe. Even when I create a new text box in Adobe it will not do Arial. This JUST started and I've been working on it off and on all day. Dead stop.

Please help. Thank you.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Same issue as H_Sanders and OP; Adobe reverts to Z***** instead of Arial... This wasn't an issue until last week and Creative Cloud Desktop states "You're up to date!".

Please fix ASAP!

SOLUTION!!! UPDATE: 13APR2020

While on hold for an hour with Tech Support I uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Pro DC just to see if that would help and somehow it did, in fact, fix the issue. (lol have you unplugged it and plugged it back in, sir?)

Best of luck everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Heatherh,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please navigate to Acrobat's Preferences>Page Display>Toggle the "Use local fonts" settings and see if this brings any difference.

Check for any pending/latest updates from Help>Check for updates, reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

Have you check with any other PDF and is the issue reproducible?

If it is specific to one PDF file, Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file in Adobe Send, share the link to PDF via private message only How Do I Send Private Message

Note: Please do not share the email address or any personal details on the forum.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has now happened to me 3 times this month (June 2021).  Was happy that it was fixed the first time after I went into "HELP, REPAIR INSTALLATION" ... but it's back again for the 3rd time.  It happens on various PDFs I open and try to edit.  I have Acrobat Pro DC.  Version 2021.005.20048.  No updates pending.  I did the repair installation again and it's not fixed yet.  I will log out of everthing to restart and hope when it comes back up that it's fixed again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever figured out?  I'm having the exact same problem on multiple PDF's that I wasn't a few days ago.  I tried both suggestions that Anand Sri gave and that hasn't fixed it.  Please advise?  Thank you.

Mindy Childs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mindy,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, What is the dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Make sure that you have the latest version of Acrobat installed, check for any pending updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Acrobat.

Also, is the fonts are installed on the machine and are they embedded in the PDF?

Run a Font fix up from the  Preflight tool and check.

Is it possible to share a sample PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been addressed?  It's infuriating I can't edit PDF's with Arial font.  I have Acrobat Pro DC version 2015.006.30510.  Says I have no pending updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem with Arial font.  I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, subscription "Continuous Release Version 2020.006.20042".  I now have a long list of the "Z@****" fonts listed in my font dropdown menu.  I can use Arial Bold, and Arial Italic, but regular Arial defaults to the gibberish noted by another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.  I print to Adobe from our software then make minor edits.  This has worked for over a year and today it won't stay on Arial font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as H_Sanders and OP; Adobe reverts to Z***** instead of Arial... This wasn't an issue until last week and Creative Cloud Desktop states "You're up to date!".

Please fix ASAP!

SOLUTION!!! UPDATE: 13APR2020

While on hold for an hour with Tech Support I uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Pro DC just to see if that would help and somehow it did, in fact, fix the issue. (lol have you unplugged it and plugged it back in, sir?)

Best of luck everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat.jpg

** ISSUE RESOLVED **

I was also having this issue. Arial font had been working perfectly for years and then recently displayed as gibberish when trying to edit.

I opened a pdf, clicked on 'Help' and then clicked 'Repair Acrobat Installation'. This made a few automatic changes, then re-booted automatically. Once I logged in to Windows again and opened the pdf, the Arial font was available again.

Good luck everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, tens of thousands of buyer users have time to do this, thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - suddenly this just started happening to me June 2021.  I did the repair and restarted.  Fixed.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issues came up for me as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I went to Help>fix installtion which update the software and then restared the computer. FIXED*******

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found another solution for Pro DC as of Nov 2020 version 2020.013.20064 (non of those other solutions worked for me): print to pdf>save file>open new doc>select edit function>copy/paste. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our release = 2021.001.20155

A repair of Adobe Acrobat reader does not work for us.

We have the problem that our JDE application (oracle) is using html scripts and those are referring to a font-family with Arial as leading one. 

A print with  Adobe Acrobat is leaving for instance Z@R8E8C behind in the directory acrord32_sbx and this is leading to unreadable screens in our Oracle application.

The only solution we have is to restart the PC because then the temporary files are getting disconnected and you will

be able to delete the temp files as well after the restart.

However this is not a solution for us because we have lots of pc's in different countries and people are getting very frustrated so we are looking for an Adobe Acrobat solution.

What can Adobe do about this situation ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines