Highlighted

Radio Button Help, if Possible

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form (not mine) that has several radio button groups.  I one instance, the group contains 34 choices, but is intended to provide Yes or No answers to 17 different questions.  When I select YES for question #1, all okay.  I select NO for question 2 and voila, question 1 is de-selected.  So yeah, you cannot select a choice for more than one question.  Is there any way to change the properties of these "choices" WITHOUT removing the group and adding others?  As I said, this form is not mine and I didn't design it, but a "fillable" form should truly by fillable.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

You need to rename the fields so that each group has a unique name.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Radio Button Help, if Possible

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form (not mine) that has several radio button groups.  I one instance, the group contains 34 choices, but is intended to provide Yes or No answers to 17 different questions.  When I select YES for question #1, all okay.  I select NO for question 2 and voila, question 1 is de-selected.  So yeah, you cannot select a choice for more than one question.  Is there any way to change the properties of these "choices" WITHOUT removing the group and adding others?  As I said, this form is not mine and I didn't design it, but a "fillable" form should truly by fillable.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What part of the Acrobat SDK do you use?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I am currently using Acrobat Pro DC.  I could not find Pro DC when submitting my question.  Don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll move it to the right forum for you.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, after deciphering what you were saying, I finally got it figured out.  The main problem I had with this file was there are several groups.  I also had issues with checkboxes; you select one, they were all checked.  Deselect, and they were all de-selected.  With your help, I got this figured out also.  Was a pain, though.  Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have 3 radio buttons and I want the user to only be able to select 2 out of the 3 choices.  Help!

<p><input type="radio" name="CFB_A1" value="UK">UK vs <input type="radio" name="CFB_A1" value="AUB">AUB</p>   <p><input type="radio" name="CFB_A2" value="MSU">MSU vs <input type="radio" name="CFB_A2" value="LSU">LSU</p>   <p><input type="radio" name="CFB_A3" value="UGA">UGA vs <input type="radio" name="CFB_A3" value="ARK">ARK</p>  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$("input[type='radio']").change(function(){
  	var count = $("input[type='radio']:checked").length;
	if(count>3){		$(this).prop('checked', false);      alert("You cannot add more than 3");
	}
});

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is about radio-buttons in PDF files, not web-pages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web pages

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know... What I'm saying is this is not the place for it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

var radioSelected = [];
  var numberOfSelected = null;  $('input[type=radio]').change(function() {    numberOfSelected = $('input[type=radio]:checked').length;
    var name = $(this)[0].name;
    if (radioSelected.indexOf(name) == -1) {      radioSelected.push($(this)[0].name);
    }

if(radioSelected.length > 3) {
      var removed = radioSelected.shift();      $('input[name=' + removed + ']').prop('checked', false);
    }
  });

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
HughB836 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha! Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0