• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radio buttons required are not working

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had radio button options that need to be required before the user can submit. It used to work but now it stopped! The text fields are still required and working, but the radio buttons (even though should required) are not working. The user can submit without them! How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mzbree,

Open the PDF form in Adobe Acrobat DC and click on Prepare form.

Then select that radio button and double click on that. In the Radio button properties window, check if the box for "Required" is marked or not.

If not, mark the box for required.

If that is not the case, then would it possible to share that PDF from with us?

You may share the file in private message if you do not share the form on public form. How Do I Send Private Message

Use the steps provided in the following link to share the PDF. How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, the radio buttons show as required at first but when the user tabs through them they stop being required.  When I tested with tabbing through and only filled in text areas the form let me submit with the radio buttons empty.   Did this get fixed, if so how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as a group of radio buttons is clicked once it is no longer deselectable by the user.

Understand how it works: what is required is to click any radio button in the group. A single member of the group cannot be required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an enrollment form for benefits and I added radio buttons because there is so much data they take up less room than a box and align better.  The issue is once you select a radio button you can't unselect if you made the wrong choice.  How do I correct that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use check-boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue, I added a RESET button to my form. Not sure how helpful this is in your case but it helped out my form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines