• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes constantly

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 2019 and this is still a daily problem for me.  I have Acrobat Pro and Acrobat DC with latest updates installed. Both programs crash constantly with no rhyme or reason.  Usually just a random click will trigger it.  I use the software pretty heavily for file manipulation as I do Prepress for a print shop. The lack of reliability kills my productivity, and makes me wish there were a viable alternative available.  I use a Mac and run Sierra 10.12.6  It sounds as if the suggested fixes, (updating software) are half-hearted and ineffective.  I love your other software Adobe, please fix this one.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

As the application crashes constantly, please try the troubleshooting steps provided in this help document Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Make sure that you are using the latest update available for the application. You may refer to this link Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader to check the latest updates available.

Also, you can go to Help  > Check for updates in the application.

If the above steps do not help, try once to reset the application preferences.

Take help fo the steps provided here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Also, try once to reboot the machine.

You may also try removing the application using the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the Mac and then re-install the application from here Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

If the issue persists, please share the application version installed on your Mac.

Use the steps mentioned here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, share the crash logs (use this tool Download Acrobat and Reader Process Monitor Tool - Adobe Labs).

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dfhdudfhudhdcuhcdiuhcducd​,

Could you pls. let us know if the crashes are silent crashes or do you get a crash stack from the Mac OS. If you are getting a crash stack, could you pls. send across the stack for the crash?

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue for a while. i am working for a company using strict firewall rules. As long as I use the Acrobat in an "open" internet, everything works liek a charm - behind the firewall, constant crashes.

All other creative cloud apps work - only acrobat has this isseu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Lulu or little snitch to block outgoing internet connections from behind the company firewall i dont get any more Adobe crashes.

Then once a month disable Lulu or little snitch, connect to normal wifi to update Adobe and bobs your uncle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

My 2 cents: I tried most of the published "fix" suggestions, to no avail. Ultimately downloading and running the Cleaner Tool did the trick. Running the Uninstaller app does not completely remove all of the legacy info whereas the Cleaner Tool rolled everything back to a "First Time" install environment with the irritating 4-part tour. Here's the link: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the cleaner tool, reinstalling and several other changes but I did one thing that seems to have corrected the problem. In the preferences under "3D and multi media" I changed the prefered renderer to "software" from "opengl 1.4".

I have no idea what if all means, I just know that I don't get the spinning beachball anymore and the program is usefull again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worst ever, I wish I never needed it so much. Hopefully I will one day find something to replace Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same crashes with Adobe Acrobat DC on my laptop.  It's annoying.  The app that comes with computer for PDF files does a better job.  Any chance this will be resolved soon?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 2021 and it still crashes.  Random clicks, trying to do a markup.  Things were going well with the program and about 3rd qtr last year it started getting glitchy.  By December it felt like all out war with the program.  This is really unacceptable.  PLEASE fix your program.  I have all the updates, running Big Sur 11.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, I am paying for this prouct and frequently lose my notes due to crashes - it is unacceptable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you both resolved it? Mine suddenly crashed. It was the first time it crashed on my laptop. I don't know what was wrong. I've been using it for 3 years. It's adobe acrobat pro dc. I was hoping yours was working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi My Adobe Just Crash By Today Afternoon, Some Documents Can't Open After Crash And Lose The Documents, I Have No Idea To Solve This Issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 9, 2021 still having the same problem. Crashes all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes same problem. Tried everything. Fix your program please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines