re-installing Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 in Citrix VDA

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After re-installing Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 in Citrix VDA, it take more than 30 minutes to load Adobe Acrobat Pro XI.

So, please advise what I miss out

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking that maybe you should've uninstall Acrobat Pro 2017 first, before installing the older unsupported version of Acrobat Pro XI.

And to be on the safe side, I would've run the Acrobat Cleaner and Repair tool to remove old traces of the software in whatever machine this installation package (.msi) was executed from.

After a successful installation of Acrobat Pro XI you must also manually install the latest version update for that product to avoid further problems.

However, since you've mentioned about Citrix VDA  taking too long to load Acrobat Pro XI, I think that you need to re-verify what method are you currently using for the VDA registration.

Please review the Citrix VDA guidance below, to see if you've missed a step, or using the incorrect registration method, or if some of the DNS's are not matching the VDAs controller(s) addresses as listed in the ListOfDDCs:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure to install all available updates. Also, you should know that Acrobat XI is outdated and not supported by Adobe any longer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines