Read out loud — not working

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have made a pdf which passes all accessiblity, however when I use the read out load function to test reading order it does not work/there is no sound. It works on individual lines but will not read the page from top to bottom. I have tested it on another iMac computer and it works fine. I have checked the preferences and disabled enhanced security in the security options but this makes no difference. I have also tried different read out loud voices but again no difference. I also uninstalled and reinstalled acrobat.

I am running Acrobat DC on iMac, OS Mojave version 10.14.6.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix it?

Thanks Bronnie

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bronwyna

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Read out loud is working fine on another computer with same preference settings.

Please check for any missing /pending update for your computer system and try updating it and check if that makes any difference.

Also, please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC 20.13.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile  with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines