• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Read out loud pausing between each word

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read out loud pausing between each word. I have downloaded and installed the reader on multiple OS's including Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I am running the most recent version and it shows there are no pending updates. This pausing issues is occuring on each machine I try and it's the exact same problem.

I have found a workaround for this problem. Just before I create my PDF I do use the replace function in word to replace all the spaces " " with with a dash "-".  Next I replace all the periods "." with a space " ".

Actually pretty ingenious if I do say so myself, but by doing this I'm able to trick the reader into pausing at the end of sentances and not pausing in between words. In any case, this very clearly appears to be a problem with this version of the reader, not a problem with how the PDF was created.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned the Read out loud pauses after each word, did this issue occur with every PDF or with some particular PDF?

Would you mind sharing the sample PDF with us so we can check it on our end?

You can share the file using the steps provided here https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161

Please also share the Reader version you are using. You can check the application version using the steps provided here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned the Read out loud pauses after each word, did this issue occur with every PDF or with some particular PDF?

Would you mind sharing the sample PDF with us so we can check it on our end?

You can share the file using the steps provided here https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161

Please also share the Reader version you are using. You can check the application version using the steps provided here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi is there an upate for this issue?  I am having this issue with only certain PDF.  i am running version 20.009.20074.

it is pausing after each word and is impossible to listen to. 

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same problem. It occurs with every PDF document I download and my version is 2020.006.20042. I am also using Windows 10, no updates pending, no repairs to installation.

Can someone assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hating that experience, compared to other software. Pause after every word, I increased the speed up to 400 words per min but it just read the word fast, pause was still there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, useless.  Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old but found a fix that is easy enough to empliment, I copied and pasted all the text from the PDF that was pausing after each word, into a word doc then resaved it as a pdf, that fixed the pausing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pausing between word happens on PDF articles but not on textbooks.  Also, sometimes the reader speeds up so fast it is impossible to understand what is said.

I find the Adobe preferences are not user friendly. They remind me of DOS commands in the 1980's that never caught up to newer technology. I always have my eyes open for other platforms that are responsive to their client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe version is Continuous Release | Version 2022.007.20099

I just ordered a digital e-book, but the Read Out Loud function still pauses annoyingly - no, no one can tolerate the constant pausing! Too distracting.

I COULD theoretically convert the entire book to a Word document and have Word read it aloud, but what's the point? Plus I don't know if the 295 page conversion will be glitchy! No TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT person should have to struggle so hard to get a feature to work!

I pity non technical users who try to use this, but they would make a faster, more justifiably disgruntled choice to stop using Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So my experience is the exact opposite - Acrobat reads the entire document like a long toilet roll of text - and that is utterly useless. You would think Adobe would have built some sort of ability to insert pauses where needed when tagging a document. Is this so hard? Adobe makes how many bajillions a year and Acrobat works like a hack app some kid threw together in their basement on their mom's PS/2. Really do not trust Adobe apps AT ALL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines