• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC menues disapearing and crashing during mark ups

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using reader DC Version: 21.1.20145.425325 but have had this happen with previous versions also. I usually have 2 Reader DC windows open with multiple tabs open on each window. I am marking up pdf's on both windows at the same time using either "Fill & Sign" or "Comment" tools. After so long of adding text, check marks or highlighting the menu buttons alsong with pdf tab names will start disapearing and then Reader locks up and if you haven't saved you will lose the work you have done. When you re-open Reader DC it asks you if you want to reload what the info that closed unexpectantly but it will never work and says there is nothing to reload. Because of this I am constantly saving my work but this continues to happen on a daily basis. My IT department cannot figure out why it is doing this. They have deleted and re-inistalled Reader DC so many times it just keeps happening.  Any help would be greatly asppreciated.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Acrobat Reader DC application is crashing when you open multiple tabs on 2 Windows and mark up documents.

Would you mind sharing the exact number of tabs you have opened in both the Windows to mark up documents?

As you already have the latest version of the application, please try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that works.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' Turn off the Protected mode and Uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer once.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

If you are on a company machine or network please try to switch to a personal machine/network and try using the application and check for the issue.

You may also check out the help pages listed beloa and see if that works:

- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

- https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe 2 tabs in one window and 4 tabs up to 6 tabs in the other window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines